Last edited:

generic username

Jul 7, 2008
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
ctx3030, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
the propointer and lesche are worthwile... both items are incredibly handy! dont know about the F2.. but i love my 250.

just fyi the propointer new runs around $130 and lesche around $45 new.

OP
OP
tonyc10k

tonyc10k

Sep 7, 2012
Georgetown ky
Detector(s) used
Minelabs equinox 800, whites classic ID, bounty hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah i know how much they are. i can always buy a pinpointer but i wanna know how well the detectors are. your 250 how well does it perform? ive not seen to much about a F2 but seen alot of ppl use the 250 and love them

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read side by side comparisons on net.....the fisher seems to come out on top in almost every comparison. Know the reviews can be biased but did lots of research lately on the two. Was going to get one as a back-up but decided to save my beans and get an F75 or T2 and keep my G2 as back-up. Love the G2 so don't want rid of it but hear so much great stuff about F75 and T2 just thought I would give one of them a try as I need a back-up and loaner anyway. I hear lots of good stuff about Ace250 so I am not knocking it just my 2 cents based on info I could find.:hello:

williamsingr

Mar 15, 2012
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you use Craigs list make sure you go through a service like Escrow.com so your money is protected, there are way too many scams on that site. If he wont agree to use an escrow service then its a scam. By using escrow.com you also have so many days to test out the machine before you agree to release your funds for payment. If its broken you wont lose your money.

OP
OP
tonyc10k

tonyc10k

Sep 7, 2012
Georgetown ky
Detector(s) used
Minelabs equinox 800, whites classic ID, bounty hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you use Craigs list make sure you go through a service like Escrow.com so your money is protected, there are way too many scams on that site. If he wont agree to use an escrow service then its a scam. By using escrow.com you also have so many days to test out the machine before you agree to release your funds for payment. If its broken you wont lose your money.
i dont deal with shipping or anything i only deal with person to person face to face type of deals.
but thanks for the advice

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The f2 with the 11 DD coil was my first detector that i used here in and around southwest VA,I dont know much about the ACE250 from Garrett as i have never used one but i can tell you that the F2 is a wonderful little machine for its price range,The only downfall with the F2 is the 8" coil,it does mask alot of good targets,either get the ten inche open coil or the 11 DD coil if you go with the F2,You will be glad you did.The only reason i sold my F2 and went with the F4 was because my search areas require a machine that can be manually ground balanced,The soil in and around this area can change from one thing to another every 30 feet.Ive heard good things about both detectors but speaking from my personal experience with the F2.It is a fine little detector for the money,I had alot of fun back when i had mine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions