Wild attempt to get me to reveal a Hot Spot!

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
Tonight I received and email with an attached Google Earth photo, with cryptic writing stating that the person had located the "Iceberg" spot that I have been hunting lately. I played along and received an even MORE bizzarre response. I will blank out "her" email address and name for privacy reasons, but leave mine, because I don't care if you folks at TN email me!
Read this and enjoy!.....
The first email is at the bottom chronologically.
What you read right below this is my last reply!!

"It is more than obvious that you either:

a) didn't read all my threads about the hunts at the Iceberg, or..
b) read them but forgot the details that would have completely eliminated any chance of the spot you picked being the correct one.

For someone who supposedly has multiple doctorates (not "doctrine"), your spelling and punctuation are abysmal.

Nice try, but weak, very weak.

I think I will post this on the Treasure Net Forum as an obvious poor attempt to spin some half-assed yarn in an effort to get me to reveal a hotspot's location. In the future, if you are posing as an intelligent person, please try to sound intelligent.

Secret Dan

-----Original Message-----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 11:54 PM
Subject: Re: Iceberg

"What fourm do you post on, and under what name?"

I don't post..I don't care to feed trolls. Therefore I have no name.

I am not a treasure hunter. I don't even own a metal detector, or know anyone who has one.

I do however put Riddles together, Break codes and find answers.

Treasure Hunters/ keep good secrets on a hot spot..That's what I do... break the secrets.

I might have been harsh in my last E-mail, Saying "Wonder who else would love to know"

Not to worry.. I don't tell secrets. It's my profession to keep "The Secrets".

I only said that to get your attention.

I don't even live on your side of the country. I'm from Las Cruces, New Mexico.

This is all a game to me.. I search the internet for a game..

I happen to see a post you made something about "keeping the location a secret"

I searched for the keywords “ Secret and Location” and found your posts

That's where I found my game... It was my game to find your secret location.

(Sorry… I have a double doctrine in Math and Physics..This is what I do to kill time.)

Through hours of research, And I must tell you Cuyaoga Falls has a lot of hidden history

All unknown to me, until just few months ago, When I started my game.

I won’t go into details how I play my game, Or the type of research that was involved.

Because I am writing a book on how I play my game. I hope to have it done in 2010

I would be more then happy to share some history findings I came across, While doing research.

To help you in your future endeavors.

But all I ask!!

How did I do playing my game ?

How close was I ?

I sent you a Google Earth map of what I came up with. It’s a large area. Without giving the exact location, Could you at least zoom into the general location and send it to me..Or if you feel you can trust me.. A closer look would help. Like I said.. I don’t share secrets..
In turn I can also give you advice on keeping your location a secret.."What to Say and What Not to Say" And still give you the freedom of sharing your results with the general public.
It's my profession to give the information, but leave out details.

Thanks and good luck
Patty XXXX
Dr. of Science
(Some people are taught to count 1..2..3..4..5…I learned to count like 0..1..2..3..4..5)

[email protected] wrote:
What forum do you post on, and under what name?

Secret Dan

Sent: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 2:56 AM
Subject: Iceberg
Ouch..I just stubbed my toe on a iceberg..

I wonder who else would love to know?

Secret Patty

T

TreasureTales

OMG, that whole exchange is hilarious. I'm glad you gave "Patty" a verbal whoopin'. "Her" spelling was awful, and the errors were too many for any "scientist" who works with "secrets" to have been the author of those emails. If you hear from "her" again, please do tell. LMAOROFL. Have you tried doing a search for that email address to see who it belongs to?

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
D,

all types out there. ;D

I search the internet for "wild" and "hot", :o
that is how I came across your post.

You can trust me with the location ::)

have a good un................

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
My daughter used to do calculus - on Christmas break, even - just for fun. Li'l Brainiac couldn't spell for beans tho. We used to tease her that she didn't spell "creatively," but instead used "mutant spelling." Her English classes were a joke. Smart kid, a whiz at math, but couldn't write a coherent sentence if she had to.

That said, if she had a doctorate, she would know how to spell it!

Oh well. In any case, it seems your secret is still safe, Danimal. lol

HH
Nan

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
LOL, right on Dan.

But even your secret has secrets!!!
Digging is only half the "fun".
Maybe it was her marbles you are finding! ;)

Good luck raking in more ice at the berg guys!!

Smiles!
BDoo

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Unreal. People have way too much time on their hands.

I agree about the spelling though :) I'm a math freak and can't spell for crap. Hated English class.

Salvager

Sep 4, 2006
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite / Explorer II
Quiet entertaining!
"She" maks it sound like that she spent AGES tryng to find where you were hunting-just for the hell of it? I personally would prefer to spend that long trying to figue out something of historical importance (no offence). I think that if it's gonna take till 2010 to wite the book she should spend less time 'researching' and more time writing!

Have fun with patty,
Salvager

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Dan,
I would not discredit someone from a math/physics degree for poor spelling. I am an Electrical Engineer and partly because I rely on word processors that automatically correct my misspelling mistakes(except on this forum) my spell has been declining each year. I also sometimes type illogical sentences. This is cause I am a thinker and halfway trough writing a sentence I am thinking of something else.

Anyway - I actually believe her. But I don't like how she went about the whole "gotcha" thing. Also don't know if would buy her book. If you are going to "prophesy" and claim to be a prophet then all your prophecies better be correct!

Bob

ZoSo71

Nov 5, 2006
Somewhere near Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX / Modded BH Land Star
LOL... That's pretty good...

You have her E-mail?? I would love to have her find the "Silver Mine".. Maybe even some Silver!!

This is golden!

ZoSo71

OP
OP
Danimal

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
Mirage said:
Dan,
I would not discredit someone from a math/physics degree for poor spelling. I am an Electrical Engineer and partly because I rely on word processors that automatically correct my misspelling mistakes(except on this forum) my spell has been declining each year. I also sometimes type illogical sentences. This is cause I am a thinker and halfway trough writing a sentence I am thinking of something else.

Anyway - I actually believe her. But I don't like how she went about the whole "gotcha" thing. Also don't know if would buy her book. If you are going to "prophesy" and claim to be a prophet then all your prophecies better be correct!

Bob

Bob...while I MIGHt buy into the whole "Intelligent person that spells poorly" thing, Think about this:
If someone...heck, ANYONE actually had TWO Doctorates in both Math and Physics, they certainly could spell DOCTORATE. Calling it a doctorine is obviously the mistake of a poser...Hold on a min..I'll go check my email to see if "she" sent another email..I logged on and went right to TN...

She DID reply, and it's weirder than the first...gonna go post her email and my reply now..

OP
OP
Danimal

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
Here's tonight's exchange....someone also brought it to my attention that she even mispelled the city's name where she supposedly lives!

Your reply was written as expected, with the same self-agrandizing posturing contained in the original that declared your "game".
I post on multiple forums under the same name and offer the same data, as I have nothing to hide (outside of the Iceberg's location).
The pictures of myself, my son and my friend by my parked car are so innocent that your attention given to the power lines, walkway, etc. in the pictures is laughable. It would have been real fun to just say, in reply to your original creepy email "Ok...ya got me...please don't tell anyone"...and let you gloat while living in your creepy, stalker's fantasy you are apparently living
But the truth is you are SO far off the mark as to the location, that I am convinced your book will sell about as many copies as Mein Kampf does at the local Temple.
Please stop sending these emails, as it kinda creeps me out knowing that for some (ANY) reason a stranger is searching my name and reading my posts on the Web and not doing so because thay are actually interested in the post's content. Do all the "reasearch" you wish, but keep the results to yourself.

Creeped-out Danimal

Sent: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 4:27 PM
Subject: Re: Iceberg

"It is more than obvious that you either:
a) didn't read all my threads about the hunts at the Iceberg, or..
b) read them but forgot the details that would have completely eliminated any chance of the spot you picked being the correct one.
For someone who supposedly has multiple doctorates (not "doctrine"), your spelling and punctuation are abysmal.
Nice try, but weak, very weak.
I think I will post this on the Treasure Net Forum as an obvious poor attempt to spin some half-assed yarn in an effort to get me to reveal a hotspot's location. In the future, if you are posing as an intelligent person, please try to sound intelligent."

Danimal,

Your response, Is in fact very common in this part of the game. I can almost guarantee what your next response will be.

I also give you permission to post my E-mails into what ever Website you choose. I thank you for not posting my address. And my last name.

I have chosen to reply to your question, Even though it is a multiple choice question, I will humor you by answering them both as a separate question.

Did I read all your threads?
No.. I picked out information on certain posts. I could care less on the dates of money or what the weather was like.
I look for; on what you call “Cryptic” are patterns in your responses. You were obviously excited on finding money.
But at the same time you “wanted to share” your excitement of the treasures. You received many responses on “how did you find that spot”
You gave out details “On what to look for” You felt at one time..You might have given out too many details, Got scared and changed your tactics
On giving out details. Old railroads line? Picnic Groves? Parks that were bypassed by the modern roadways. It’s clearly posted you tried to change
The “details” without making you look like a fool. This is a term that has slips my mind at the moment about this reverse movement on your part.
You even went to the point saying that you used decoy cars and multiple paths to get to your spot. You only said that because…
A) You felt you have given out too much information.
B) You needed a way to cover your tracks on your mistake.

You would have never said that, if you felt secure about the details you gave.

“ read them but forgot the details that would have completely eliminated any chance of the spot you picked being the correct one.”

I ask that you choose wisely on posting this part of my response into your webpage.

You are questioning my talent. So… To humor you even more.. This is how I worked it out.

I found your post using a group of key words. I used a more complex search engine designed to read keywords like “Secret Location” and “Treasure”
Within those keywords I put together a list of words that would have to do with “Secret Location” and “Treasure”.

Secret Location typed into my search engine, would read a list of “keywords” I have setup. Those words are in that group contain some of the following
:money
:coins
:gold
:silver
:hidden
:research

And about 50 other words….”Treasure”…Well you seem to be educated enough to figure that out..

That’s when I found your posts out of hundreds that had a return.

Next.. I found a few posts on the treasure website and tracked it back to your ID “Danimal”.. On your ID picture you put “Cuyahoga Falls Ohio”

I then did a normal yahoo search for Danimal and Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio…….

It pointed me to a site called “cuyahogafallshistory.com” I started to browse the site and found posts that you were looking for some information on old maps and pressed the issue of
Gaylords Grove, Camp Foster… You knew that something was there and wanted to know more.

I spotted something right away on your posts. You said it was private property and denied permission, Except for the part behind waterworks.. I was able to find waterworks the city’s webpage and directions. You also mentioned a Schewbles plant… That narrowed my grid down to a little area. (Although in the photo I sent you your Iceberg may be east a little bit) Thanks to Google Earth
I located the Waterworks and scanned the whole area.. You said in your post “That it was a overgrown area” That narrowed it down more.. Although you were also asking for more information on the “Hand made wall of the chuckery?” That had me puzzled a little bit..That’s why I think it might be to the east a bit..
Now back to Camp Foster.. I have access to military archives and looked up Camp Foster in Cuyahoga Falls. I found a scanned drawing of the area in conjunction with it’s location on the river..
It was then Gaylords Grove (now a private area). You also had posted :That is was a long walk to the site” According to my map of Waterworks..It is a long walk to the back of the park.
(just a little FYI, on my drawing of Camp Foster, There was a small depression in the river bank that they used to store powder, They put it on the river in case of a fire..and if needed they would flood
the storage area with water.) It is also a long walk into the other area I am having thoughts about.

I could continue to reveal more information on how I found your spot.. But by now you are trying, to reverse your method, And think of a way to throw me off my path.
That’s why I won’t go into further details.

You questioned my “multiple doctorates” ?

You are correct by saying “multiple doctorates” But I have only one Doctrine and that is of Science. I am a doctor of science and that alone requires
Merits of working on many doctorates at one time. As a whole for a doctor of science I am given a single “Doctrine”. I suggest you look it up.

“Nice try, but weak, very weak.“
Typical response from someone who is “Very” unsure about what was written about the secrets you might have given out. And another attempt
To cover it up.

“I think I will post this on the Treasure Net Forum as an obvious poor attempt to spin some half-assed yarn in an effort to get me to reveal a hotspot's location. In the future, if you are posing as an intelligent person, please try to sound intelligent."

See above response. But.. I might add you are looking for a way to gain the support of your fellow hobbyist, Because you feel uneasy. I came to you in secret, You made it public.
While I’m thinking of it.. Last night I searched through your posts. I found your picture. If you didn’t notice. You left some important clues..

I said I would help you.. Your photo just proved to me that “you are in a parking lot” in front of 2 trees that I can see.. I also see another walkway behind the trees. With a power pole behind the trees..
You gave me another clue..The power pole is the key..Follow the lines until they pass a parking area with a walkway next to the power lines. The common guy would not figure this out. I just proved my abilities to you..

I would also suggest using different ID’s on different webpages, You pressed the issue of keeping your area a secret.. Anyone can search your ID and come up with the information I did..

Not bad for someone who’s 1700 miles away. And has never been to your state..

Game Over

Patty

T

TreasureTales

Golly goober, guess I'm too stupid to see a parking lot and a power line and figure a path is there and that's near where your Iceberg site is. Only problem with that is there has got to be a thousand such locations in your vicinity, Danimal. It doesn't take a person with "a doctrine in science" to see the background in your photo and determine its not far from your site. It DOES take a creepy person to pursue your site in the manner this "Patty" person is doing. Why doesn't "she" pursue Osama Bin Laden if "she" is so good at reading the backgrounds in photos? Then she could collect the $25,000,000.00 and make the world a little safer in the process. I think I'd report her to somebody, maybe the sheriff, and see what he says about "her" virtual stalking of you.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
umm...seriously, that's a little freaky. Why would someone invest so much time in stalking you?

I'd be worried, personally.

OP
OP
Danimal

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
djui5 said:
umm...seriously, that's a little freaky. Why would someone invest so much time in stalking you?

I'd be worried, personally.

I have asked her, him, it...to stop emailing me.
Any of you that post on the Internet and make your email known, there may be a weirdo out there with your name on it.

If this persists, I may report it, but for now, let;s see if this person will just do as I say and leave me alone. The last email ended with Game Over, so maybe that means they're done..

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a LAST reply to "Patty", I would tell her that she has way too much time on her hands and to "Go get herself a REAL life." Then ignore her and not respond to her anymore.

Huntin' 59er

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Danimal said:
If this persists, I may report it, but for now, let;s see if this person will just do as I say and leave me alone.

Sounds like a plan. If they don't stop I would report them for sure. It's borderline physical stalking at this point. Kinda way out of hand.

God I hate the internet at times. People are crazy, seriously. Must be something in the McD's and Starbucks huh? :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions