Does any one use a Fisher Pin pointer???

b7seas

Aug 12, 2012
Northern Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-2 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the question that will give you an idea...Why do most guys/gals on here use a Garrett propointer?

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He didn't ask what most guys use......sure he is just wondering if it works satisfactory. I use the Vibra-Probe so does not allow me to give qualified input either. :icon_thumleft:

Edited.....not meant to sound smart ....just clarification

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well i never used the Fisher but i have used the Bounty Hunter pin pointer.............. And they are both made by Fisher and are the same from what i see........... The bounty hunter worked good so the Fisher should work good......My self i use the Garrett but it gets the same depth as your Fisher...... I started with Garrett detectors about 35 or 40 years ago and still use mostly there products.... They work for me........

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just recently purchased the Pistol Pro. I looked over you tube test and reviews and it was by far the best one. Yea, it cost a little more but then again you get what you pay for!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Just recently purchased the Pistol Pro. I looked over you tube test and reviews and it was by far the best one. Yea, it cost a little more but then again you get what you pay for!
........ Yes the Pistol Pro is a good pin pointer i have one of them also.......... Some times i use the Pro Pointer and at times the Pistol Pro......

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would use the fisher over the garbage Garrett labels as a pinpointer. Do some real research, look up the problems people have with the garrett.

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill just consider the source on some of the comments.../end thread!

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He didn't ask what most guys use......sure he is just wondering if it works satisfactory. I use the Vibra-Probe so does not allow me to give qualified input either. :icon_thumleft:

Edited.....not meant to sound smart ....just clarification
His question was "Are the Garretts that much better" So I answered him with a question ...Why do most guys here use the propointer.....so now Ill answer that...because they are that good is all I meant..& no Im not trying to be smart either

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would use the fisher over the garbage Garrett labels as a pinpointer. Do some real research, look up the problems people have with the garrett.

Never had a problem with mine....been using it for over a year now and I go every sunday..right after church

slag

Jul 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher pinpointer is decent. The main problem I have with it is that you have to constantly calibrate it, the knob can also rub the side of the hole and turn (happens frequently), and distance isn't really that great. That being said, I have used one for about 3 months now.

Two days ago I got a Garrett PP and its a night and day difference. No calibration needed, no knobs, alerting changes based on distance, its water resistant, etc. They are in totally different classes.

OP
OP
B

b7seas

Aug 12, 2012
Northern Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-2 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slag, Thank you!!!! That's the kind of answer I was looking for. Sorry for not being more specific in my question.

Bob

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could throw your pinpointer at a tree & see if it works better

dougofpa

Banned