All Treasure Hunting

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
shawngrey16 said:
What do you guys think about this? Better to spend the extra money for brand new from manufacturer you think right? If i get from ebay I don't know how the last owner took care of it so in the long run it seems best to not cheap out.

Looks like you answered your own question. Don't trust e-bey.

OP
OP
shawngrey16

shawngrey16

Aug 22, 2012
New York(fornow)
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ticm said:
Looks like you answered your own question. Don't trust e-bey.

Thanks just wanted someone to confirm. Can't always trust my crazy brain at times haha

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would check our classifieds here, if you don't see anything you like talk to one of our supporting vendors...

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's always the same equation... Is the savings worth the risk?

OP
OP
shawngrey16

shawngrey16

Aug 22, 2012
New York(fornow)
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
I would check our classifieds here, if you don't see anything you like talk to one of our supporting vendors...

Alright thank you

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless it is a private listing made specifically for you from someone you know,I wouldnt trust ebay when it comes to buying a used metal detector.You can get alot of great deals with some customer support to back it up from the vendors on this forum.

HH,John

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you guys think about this? Better to spend the extra money for brand new from manufacturer you think right? If i get from ebay I don't know how the last owner took care of it so in the long run it seems best to not cheap out.

I agree.

However, if you're in my position and have mastered the Fisher 1266X and have no need for anything on today's market, you would be limited to e-bay or private listings.

But I'm a minority and most people opt for "newer" technology.

H.H.

OP
OP
shawngrey16

shawngrey16

Aug 22, 2012
New York(fornow)
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LuckyThirteen08 said:
Unless it is a private listing made specifically for you from someone you know,I wouldnt trust ebay when it comes to buying a used metal detector.You can get alot of great deals with some customer support to back it up from the vendors on this forum.

HH,John

Yeah your very right. I appreciate the response thank you

OP
OP
shawngrey16

shawngrey16

Aug 22, 2012
New York(fornow)
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Muddyhandz said:
I agree.

However, if you're in my position and have mastered the Fisher 1266X and have no need for anything on today's market, you would be limited to e-bay or private listings.

But I'm a minority and most people opt for "newer" technology.

H.H.

Yeah I know what you mean at one point I was in your position as well.

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah your very right. I appreciate the response thank you

No problem man,Just dont want to see you take a hit from a bad ebay listing.

OP
OP
shawngrey16

shawngrey16

Aug 22, 2012
New York(fornow)
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LuckyThirteen08 said:
No problem man,Just dont want to see you take a hit from a bad ebay listing.

Yeahh I won't. I just got the whites mxt from whites and looking for a second. There's a whites dealer about 20mins from me so I can always go there but not sure if I want minelab or whites. I've heard there both great.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have bought 3 excals, a sov gt, a Tesoro Conquistador, Whites 6000XL Pro,Troy X3, ML Safari, Fisher 1235x, and last buy was ML ETrac, all bought used, everyone worked perfectly on arrival, I have saved thousands of $ buying used and ever one paid for theirselves in finds or on resales except etrac and that is because I just recently bought it.

OP
OP
shawngrey16

shawngrey16

Aug 22, 2012
New York(fornow)
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
I have bought 3 excals, a sov gt, a Tesoro Conquistador, Whites 6000XL Pro,Troy X3, ML Safari, Fisher 1235x, and last buy was ML ETrac, all bought used, everyone worked perfectly on arrival, I have saved thousands of $ buying used and ever one paid for theirselves in finds or on resales except etrac and that is because I just recently bought it.

JeeZe! That's a lot of detectors! Haha, Well congrats on all the finds that's pretty amazing

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoyed buying them and playing with them. Point I was trying to make was all but 2 were bought off classifieds here. If you check out a seller and are comfortable with them you can save some serious money...

JavaDetector

Greenie
Sep 21, 2012
Dayton/ Old River- Winfree TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebay is hit and miss. It would seem to me that the more expensive or higher level detector the better of you would be. Generally misfits and newbies are not going to spend $1,000 on a detector and beat it up. These are owned by more responsible and knowledgeable people typically. Now to buy a used ACE 250? Not a chance. Just my .02

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoyed buying them and playing with them. Point I was trying to make was all but 2 were bought off classifieds here. If you check out a seller and are comfortable with them you can save some serious money...

Exactly, you buy the seller first. Where people get into trouble, and then cry until eternity, is when they go for for a deal that looks to good to be true and get burnt. I have no problem with buying used or grey market items because I know how to shop!

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have bought a detector off Craigs List and got a great deal. Was able to meat the seller and give it a short test run. Used one time and paid barely over half what it would have cost new and it was only a couple of months old. Made sure I met him at his house for accountability reasons. I agree that Ebay is a risk but I would trust the classifieds here or one of our TNet dealers used stuff. Have to admit there is something neat about getting a shiny never used anything.....but the new wears off in a hurry.:icon_thumleft:

K

Kentucky Kache

I have gotten real deals from Ebay, and I have gotten not so real deals from Ebay. If a detector is bad, you will likely be able to tell as soon as you start using it, which means you can hold the seller responsible. It's a lot of trouble to go through, but it's a choice, depending on how bad you want/need a deal. If the seller has a reputation to lose, you can pretty much hold him to his word. So choose a reputable seller.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread