Hope this turns out to be true, but........

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Garrett Edge Digger - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have lived in this same place for almost 10 years and keep hearing how about 75-100 years or so ago there used to be an old home right in my backyard.. As the story goes, the old man that lived there used to bury all his silver coins in jars in his backyard and it is still there ripe for the pickings.. It is an empty lot now and all grown over with trees and weeds and just generally a thick wooded area just behind my house.. No one has ever looked for those jars of silver coins and no one that I know even has a MD to even check. The man that owns the property said I could do whatever I wanted back there that he didn't care as long as I didn't hurt myself and try to sue him.. I will be checking this out as soon as I recieve the Garrett Ace 350 MD that I ordered (should be in 7 days or less.) .. Seems to me if this story is true that someone would have found it by now but the people around here only seem to care about what they can get that someone gives them and not even interested in trying to look.. I figure I need the exercise anyways and who knows, it just may be true.. You all will know if it is 'cause I'm sure you'll be able to hear me hollering "WHOOPEE!!! if I do find several jars of silver coins.. Oh well, just thought I'd let you in on the tip I got and will be off hunting soon...
8-)

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I bet people have looked, but didn't realize how deep the coins were probably buried. It only took one person who couldn't find anything to say there wasn't anything there and everyone quit looking. Just go slow, trust the machine and dig them all up. Good luck...

OP
OP
Wily Dunk

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks austin, you can bet if I do find anything that I'm not gonna tell anyone except on this forum...lol

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ace350 is depth demon of a machine, GL&hh AC

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Wily Dunk said:
Thanks austin, you can bet if I do find anything that I'm not gonna tell anyone except on this forum...lol

So, then you are going to tell everyone. LOL

OP
OP
Wily Dunk

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks A/CMan, it came down to between the Ace 350 and the Teknetics 4000 and the 350 won..

OP
OP
Wily Dunk

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL @ ticm... You right but I meant I'm not gonna tell any locals cause they all want something for nothing.. You can bet if I do find anything, I'm gonna post it here...

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the ace350, cause I did had the Atpro at one time but liked the 350 better, plus the sunray probe to boot, something about the 8.25 kHz it's gets the goodies!

BrutalBeck

Sep 14, 2012
Wiconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck to you Wily.

Let us know of your success if you find it. It's always nice to hear of others' stories. Just don't let the authorities know of it. Nobody has to tell you that though, right?

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dig the trash signals if you are looking for a coin cache,I found a coin cache at my rental property about 18 months or so ago,Not very old,Mainly 50s-60s coins,about 200 dollars face but mostly silver minus a few nickels in the bunch,But the only reason i found the coins is because the fisher f4 found the jar lid and gave an iffy trash signal.sad part is this, i had wrote that signal off as trash in the ground many times before finally deciding to dig it up. Its always worth a shot to look even if it is just a story and you go out for silver coins,You may come back with a trunk full of gold.Good Luck on your adventure!

HH John

K

Kentucky Kache

Be glad that no one else wants to detect. That means more for you.

OP
OP
Wily Dunk

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Brutal, you can bet that if/when I find something that I'll post here first .. Authorities?? What authorities?? I don't need no stinking authorities... lol

OP
OP
Wily Dunk

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Lucky and Kentucky.. Yeah, I plan to dig any and everything when I first start out. The property is an old homestead and the only thing people here want is to deer hunt, fish, and mudride (I live right on the Coosa river in Al.)... I've been hearing this story for almost 10 years and no one even goes there except the kid next door with a BB gun and it's right out my backdoor so I can walk about 25 steps and be there . I am just waiting now for my MD to arrive and test it out and start learning in my own yard first... Thanks again..

Calvin.Coin

Sep 27, 2012
Southwestern America
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Wiley, while you're waiting for your detector you can do some recon...both on foot and using google earth and aerial photos. This will give you a head-start and indicate some likely areas (find the foundation, old trees, landmarks, etc.) to detect once your machine arrives. Enjoy the hunt!

peace,
CC

OP
OP
Wily Dunk

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Calvin, I've done that and since it's right out my back door it's easy for me to get to on foot and scout the area out as I'm walking my dog....

Calvin.Coin

Sep 27, 2012
Southwestern America
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
<Grin> I think my dog enjoys my Ace 250 as much as I do...she drools for those 'all day walks'. Whenever she hears the power up sound she goes nuts, Pavlov would be proud!!!

treasure it all,
CC

L

lost hunter

Good luck on your quest

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
If you found something nice, maybe you could do something nice for that neighbor. Frank

Attachments

• 047.JPG
    047.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 79

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you find some then like that, and you let out that"WHOOPIE"like that, that sound travel all the way out in to the universe and never stop...good look.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread