Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kudo's

What a great forum. Quite professional and many good honest posters.

I am new to your forum. My name is Dan, 56yo and reside in NE TN. Am buying myself a MD for Christmas. Have been reading this forum and other info to try and start out right. Last time I used a MD was about 30 years ago with a Radio Shack detector. Boy, it's come a long way since then. Anyway, I have zero'd in on an Ace 250. Seems I need the volume control headphones also. A local guy sells out of the back of his home. Best way to buy, IMO. Help the little guy who has been supplimenting his income for 10 years.

Greetings to all, and hope I can add to a well constructed site. But for now I might have to sponge some info.

Dan ;)

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Re: Kudo's

Welcome to Treasurenet and to a wonderful hobby. You are going to like it here...so much advise,info and humor!LOL.
Glad Santa is being so good to you this year.

K

Kentucky Kache

Welcome aboard, Dan. Get that detector and start posting finds.

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welcome to the forum Phanta...I used to live in NE Tennessee, does this dealer happen to live in Gray (off exit 45)? I know him personally if it's the same person.

OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thanks for the warm welcome, all.

That's not far from where I live. On Boone Lake by the airport. He's not too far though, he lives off of Eastern Star Rd. He goes by "Snake". Same one? He's a nice guy, been MDing since the 70s and selling since the early 90s.

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH

Phant,

Welcome!
Lotsa sponges here!
Great place to soak up good info!
You may find yourself swelling....
Do not be alarmed :)
:) lol :)

T

TreasureTales

This IS a great hobby. And this website is indeed well done.

Sometimes you just gotta shout it from the rooftops....THIS HOBBY IS FANTASTIC!!!! The history, the comraderie, the research, the thrill of the hunt and the agony of defeat...this hobby has it all!!!!

Welcome aboard and hope to see you posting your finds.

OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

LOL........I don't even have my MD yet, and it's already fun. Picking out which device I want, extra coils, accesories, etc. And looking at the areas you want to try as your driving around. I travel in all directions from my home in the mountains everyday for work (many old country roads). I'll have to throw my detector in the back with my golf clubs for those special "lunch breaks". ;D

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you with us. There are are lot of great people here with tons of information in every "specialty" of detecting and treasure hunting. We all look forward to your pics when you get them. I hear the ACE 250 is a great machine. You should be very happy with it.

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

Hi Dan, welcome to the forum, it's a great place.
You picked well with the Ace 250, great machine and a good value.
Glad you're here from the friendly state of Tennessee, love it there!

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread