jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow... With no one watching TV, I just wonder how they manage to sell several million units per year :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

And yet, many of these same people that don't watch TV have comments about metal detecting shows, now that is a miracle :tongue3:

actually I don't see anyone saying they don't watch tv :tongue3:

I watched about 40 minutes of it when I got up this morning

new big bang theory
& new 2 1/2 men

both were a disappointment & if this is the themes they are going with this year,
I'll be not watching too many more :(

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you watch the new series "Last Resort"? Good show...... Andre Braugher is the captain of the sub, good actor.....

Here is a link you can watch the premier.........Last Resort - TV.com

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe a football game or a good movie every once in a while. Other then that TV is a very hit & miss thing for me. Oh...and I will turn on the weather channel whenever I'm in the mood for a game show. :laughing7:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, what I meant was most have a very limited usage of the TV (a few hours per week), some admit to even never watching it...

Now to me that's a waste of money to buy a new TV and never watch it.

It's like buying a car and letting it sit in your driveway to collect dust :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, what I meant was most have a very limited usage of the TV (a few hours per week), some admit to even never watching it...

It's like buying a car and letting it sit in your driveway to collect dust :laughing7:

:laughing7: my Tv is about 25 years old maybe older as for my vehicle it's a '91 so pretty close to the same
am hoping both outlast me :laughing9:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
strike that on the TV I just remembered My Niece gave me the TV a couple years ago when she bought one of these new fangled
Tv;s that are wider then they are High, so no idea on age

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
strike that on the TV I just remembered My Niece gave me the TV a couple years ago when she bought one of these new fangled
Tv;s that are wider then they are High, so no idea on age

I'm one of the people stuck watching a TV wider than it is tall, 55" digital wide screen. I hate watching it, screen is so small. Its 10 years old now.....

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7: my Tv is about 25 years old maybe older as for my vehicle it's a '91 so pretty close to the same
am hoping both outlast me :laughing9:

Only a 91:icon_scratch:
I got you beat by 5 years and probably a few hundred thousand miles, over 352,000 miles as we speak :laughing9:

My TV's so old I still pick up commercials from the 60's :tongue3:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only a 91:icon_scratch:
I got you beat by 5 years and probably a few hundred thousand miles, over 352,000 miles as we speak :laughing9:

My TV's so old I still pick up commercials from the 60's :tongue3:

well when I bought it, the dealer said the Mileage was exempt whatever that means, I'm pretty sure it going on it's
300,000 but no way to know for sure. it's a GMC 6 cylinder that runs like new, engine maybe replaced
at some point. Body needs duct tape, cardboard, aluminum & body putty every year just before inspection.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Inspection, what's that :icon_scratch: I haven't been inspected since 2010, sucks to live in PA :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only show I watch is "Survivor" and if I'm not home, I'll watch it on the computer. I always tell people what a waste of valuable life sitting in front of a tv is. Now my daughter, she'll be watching tv 12 hours a day. Which is why this generation is lowering the life expectancy.

"Survivor" frustrated me to no end, they always vote off the eye candy, & keep those who have big mouths,
can out play them in contests, have better personalities, & the controversial.
and your not supposed to believe this is the producers doing ?

the easy way to win, is vote off the muscle & controversial first, then the old people.

last few seasons I quit watching half way through because there was nobody left to root for.
So no watching for me this season.

in all honesty where is the survival in survivor ?

make them survive. no contests for fire, food, or stuff to build or furnish a hut.
no voting out.
Blindfold them all, place them all over the island alone, if they find each other fine
if not they need to survive alone. cameras everywhere but no cameramen/camerawomen
if they cry into a camera they quit, they are out. last one standing wins.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I do have a fairly new t.v. and since dvd's are so cheap now, ($1 to $2 used) I buy a bunch every week and watch a movie almost every day before bed time. I keep what I like and the ones that I don't like, get traded (2 for 1) and I still get more for my money.
I'm sure some will suggest filling up an external drive with pirated movies but I like a physical copy because it's better quality, legal, and is like recycling in a way since this society has a over-abundance of "stuff."
Each to their own.
Cheers.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you watch the new series "Last Resort"? Good show...... Andre Braugher is the captain of the sub, good actor.....

not my type of show, I rarely watch drama.
sounds interesting though I may have to look for it

I do watch reruns of Lost.
so far have watched the first 2 episodes of Revolution, although it better improve soon
if they get to the end of season one after 5 episodes & take a long Hiatus,
I won't be back. will be watching the BBC Series HEX when it starts next week,
but will probably get frustrated with the censorship and give it up as not watchable on u.s. tv.
I don't think there are any other 1 hour dramas that interest me.

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Best Agenda going,just ask the Brain Dead!!! God Bless Chris

Attachments

• tvdees.jpg
    tvdees.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 115
  • sheeplemag_dees2.jpg
    sheeplemag_dees2.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 98
  • obey_dees.jpg
    obey_dees.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 208

Calvin.Coin

Sep 27, 2012
Southwestern America
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-clip-

Yea, but the new tech is sweet and how else am I supposed to play Wii...lol. My TV serves more as a monitor though than anything else. Even with all that I think it was only on a couple of hours since last winter. If I do watch something I use my laptop.

peace,
CC

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Jeff, it seems like the eye candy is the first to go. And anytime there is a wardrobe malfunction, the producers have a nasty habit of bleeping out the good parts.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

they re-ran the first episode last night.
so I taped & watched it this morning.

Wow that was intense ! even knowing what would happen
I sure hope we have people like that in our nuclear subs ! :laughing7:

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
You are right on cash.I have not had a TV in six months.Just my phone.I swear you will notice the difference.And also the technology has advanced so much that your household plug can be used now for cable,internet,tapping everything.Scary but true.Data is now being sent through home wiring.It's not used now just to power the tv or toaster.Take the challenge here,the tv has to be out of the dwelling totally.Then if you do ok,tell the cable company to stick it and save ungodly amounts of money.Just have a phone like me and you will be happy,i promise.The high volume when a commercial comes on is just fun and games.The subliminal messaging is hard to escape.But the majority is sent via tv.

Last edited:

tonyc10k

Sep 7, 2012
Georgetown ky
Detector(s) used
Minelabs equinox 800, whites classic ID, bounty hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if i at my house i dont watch any tv. since i dont have cable/satt. or a converter box. but when i am at my parents or a friends house i tend to watch much as i can. mainly news and discovery chan.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they re-ran the first episode last night.
so I taped & watched it this morning.

Wow that was intense ! even knowing what would happen
I sure hope we have people like that in our nuclear subs ! :laughing7:

Yes it was intense..... It is on track to be a good show, but the writters still have time to screw it up..... I loved Lost the first few seasons, but lost interest the last couple seasons........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread