Mad4Wrecks

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Treasure Hunters Cookout/Benefit

Tom Gidus, a friend to many of us has been diagnosed with Colon Cancer. We in the treasure hunting community need to band together to help one of our own. I've proposed a Cure Mad4Wrecks Cancer cookout on Treasurenet because, of course, the many members here that know him personally. I hope you guys here will support the effort also.

Here's what I put on the Shipwrecks forum:

Tom, You've always been a great presence at the Treasure Hunter's Cookouts. I want to do what I can to help. Although this isn't exactly a celebration, a benefit for one of our best might generate some money to keep you treasure hunting with us. With some help from our friends, what say you all to having a cookout and invite all our friends in the Treasure Hunting community to a Cure Mad4Wrecks Cancer cookout! I know most of us TH'rs aren't rich, but we all know someone who is. Get 'em to come! I'll put it together with what little I have and we'll party next month! Nothing we're doing could possibly be more important. Suggestions are welcome!
Aquanut
aquanut
Expert Treasure Hunter
rank6.gif

col9m.png
graph.gif

online.gif

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Count me in, we can have a donation jar there too........................

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id like to contribute to the cause,If Tnet gets a paypal charity going for him,Let me know. I cant give much but anything helps. Id like to see him win this battle against a terrible disease,He will be in my thoughts and prayers.

John

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
I'm waiting for the folks at the Pennwood Motor Lodge to get back with me for the November 3rd date. If we can't do it there, I guess we'll do it my house in Orlando.
As soon as I can get confirmation, I'll let everybody Know.
John

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
O.K. my friends, It appears the 10th is out. Someone else has reserved the grounds at Pennwood for that date. However, Saturday November 3rd is available, so I set that as the date. I hope those of you that said the 10th was good can still make it on the 3rd.
Aquanut john

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Just so folks can respond to this specific fundraiser, I'm creating a new thread on the Shipwreck forum. I'll also be monitoring the original thread started by capt Dom along with this one.
We are planning a cookout, just like the one we've been having the past 4 years in the Spring. This one however, is not only for treasure hunter's and enthusiasts but for everyone. This time it's not just for fun, this will be a fund raiser to cure Tom's cancer. Unfortunately Tom, like a lot of treasure hunter's has no medical insurance and this will be a very expensive ordeal. I am looking to you guys to show up and support this fundraiser. Most of you know who Tom is and if you are unfortunate enough not to, I'll tell you....He's one hell of a nice guy who helps everybody that he can and deserves our support! The cookout/fundraiser will be at the Pennwood Motor Lodge in Wabasso, just like last April and will be held on Saturday, November 3rd. Whoever would like to help put this on, PM me or get hold of someone who knows my phone number/email. Most everybody out there already knows it! LOL.

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
I Need all you guys to come to this cookout. Don't let this post get lost!
Aquanut

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Need all you guys to come to this cookout. Don't let this post get lost!
Aquanut

Aquanut, Im sticking this thread at the top till after the benifit cookout to keep it from getting lost...

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell O Aquanut,

Your concern for Tom and willingness to help shows that you are a true friend, hard to come by nowadays. Glad to hear that you are open to suggestions.

It doesn't take a lot of money to beat the cancer, just start him on MMS discovered by Jim Humble, as soon as you can. People that have been sent home to die with stage four cancer have been turned around and cured in a very short time with this. Some who really can't afford what little this costs, have been cured for free be Jim or other friends of his.

Good luck,
Homar

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
It seems like we can't use Paypal for donations. The answer from T'net Tech support:

"I checked with one of the site owners, and we've tried to do this before, only to have PayPal shut down the donation account. Seems they don't allow such accounts as nothing is shipped and they feel they can't verify that we're not just keeping the money. Sorry, we'd love to help, but our hands are tied by PayPal"

You can send a check made out to Tom Gidus and send it c/o John Redman, 4319 Tony St., Orlando FL 32808 and I'll see he gets it.

T'net, don't worry about my address being known, I've had three of the cookouts here at my house in the past, so everybody already knows where I live!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could sell brand new shiny zinc pennies though....

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Treasure_Hunter
Could you remove the Link-Up from the name Redman. It doesn't show on Google Chrome, but on Safari it links to Amazon for some reason that has nothing to do with me.
John

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Hell O Aquanut,

Your concern for Tom and willingness to help shows that you are a true friend, hard to come by nowadays. Glad to hear that you are open to suggestions.

It doesn't take a lot of money to beat the cancer, just start him on MMS discovered by Jim Humble, as soon as you can. People that have been sent home to die with stage four cancer have been turned around and cured in a very short time with this. Some who really can't afford what little this costs, have been cured for free be Jim or other friends of his.

Good luck,
Homar

What is MMS?

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MMS stands for Master Mineral Solution formally called Miracle Mineral Solution, and also referred to as cleansing water. It is made by mixing MMS (sodium chlorite solution) and citric acid, it chemically generates the compound, chlorine dioxide, not chlorine bleach, or chlorine gas. It has profound positive health benefits.

The US-Observer is helping Jim Humble fight the FDA. MMS has cured a lot of people from life threatening diseases from A to Z.

Just Google it, and educate yourself on it. Your life, or the life of someone dear to you may depend on it.

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
MMS stands for Master Mineral Solution formally called Miracle Mineral Solution, and also referred to as cleansing water. It is made by mixing MMS (sodium chlorite solution) and citric acid, it chemically generates the compound, chlorine dioxide, not chlorine bleach, or chlorine gas. It has profound positive health benefits.

The US-Observer is helping Jim Humble fight the FDA. MMS has cured a lot of people from life threatening diseases from A to Z.

Just Google it, and educate yourself on it. Your life, or the life of someone dear to you may depend on it.

Thanks, I'll do just that.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I can donate some through a Paypal email. Let us know if one is setup.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I came up with an idea and ran it by aquanut today. The Pennwood has quite a history. It was built by Kip Wagner (he was a contractor) of the Reale Eight fame. He built it as a place for treasure hunters to stay while diving the wrecks. Years ago they used to have treasure hunting/metal detecting competitions there. They made up one ounce gold coins with the Reale Eight logo on them and hid them around the property. A good friend of mine spent 25 years hanging out with John Durham. John won a lot of these competitions. The metal detecting companies would bring their latest, greatest detectors for everyone to try out.

I won't go into details at this point but there is good reason to believe that some of these gold coins are still left to be found and there is very likely other treasure still buried on the property waiting to be found. I would like to arrange for some sort of competition to see whose detector can detect the deepest. Also a competition to see if any of these dowsers can find anything. I propose that anything found at this event go to help Tom. I truly believe that the spirit's of the old long gone treasure hunter's would help anybody using their abilities to help someone in need.

Maybe we could get some of the metal detecting companies to get involved. Perhaps they would like to show off some of their detectors. I will be glad to help in anyway I can. I will go over before the event and bury some metal at certain specified depths. I have a nine foot post hole digger that works great for digging a small diameter, deep hole. It would be interesting to be able to actually test out our own and other's detectors to see how well they really perform. Maybe we can turn this into a challenge.

I am going to work with the dowser's forum to see what I can come up with as far as photo dowsing the site and maybe getting some dowser's to come. I have already gotten a new aquaintenance that has his own hybrid metal/element detector to agree to bring it to help find any possible treasure on the site. I really do think there may be multiple treasures within the property. John is going to get this OK'd with the property owners.

This is not going to be some free for all with everybody digging all over. I will bring flags that each person participating can put in the ground if they think they have located something. We can then as a group try out multiple detectors to see what they signal and then we can use my long shovel to make a small diameter deep hole that can be filled in easily and won't make much of a mess.

I am just getting started on this as I just thought of it last night. I don't want to make it into such a huge production that we won't have time to do it all, but I will fine tune the activities with everyone's input as to what would work best. I am going to post this on different threads to get as much interest as possible. This is just a start. I believe that when you do things to help other's you get help in many ways and things have a way of working out. Let me know what you all think.

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
I can donate some through a Paypal email. Let us know if one is setup.

MRShulz,
This is a quote from a good friend of Tom's:

"Anyone wishing to make a donation can send a check to:

Tom Gidus
11665 Ficus ST.

Unit D
Palm Beach Gardens, FL. 33410

If you prefer a tax-deductible donation, make a check out to "Gateway Church," and put "mad4wrecks fund" on the memo line of your check. Send this to me at:

Darren Talley
PO Box 637
Willow Spring, NC 27592

I'll have the church print out an entire list of donations and bring it to the cookout along with one check for Tom. Do not put Tom's name anywhere on the check as this goes against IRS regulations for churches."

I'm afraid Tnet can't set up a paypal account fo this. Not Tnet's fault but something to do with Paypal policy.
John

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
An email letter

Would you all be so kind as to send out this note to anyone you think would be interested...
Thanks in advance.

Hi,
My name is John Redman and I'm having a cookout like the one I throw every Spring for the Treasure Hunters. However, this is special, for one of our friends has contracted Colon Cancer and needs our help. His name is Tom Gidus (AKA Mad4wrecks) on the treasure hunting forums. Tom is a long time diver/treasure hunter on the Treasure coast and is well known among our community. So, to help out, unlike the free ones I've thrown in the past, this one will include an Auction and Raffle, along with donations and possibly a cover to raise money to aid in curing Tom's cancer. I'd like to see you there with any and all that you can bring or pass this note on to...

I'm having the cookout on Saturday, November 3rd, at :
The Pennwood Motor Lodge
9295 N. U.S. Highway 1
Sebastion, FL (actually Wabasso)
the manager's name there is Virginia and her phone # is 772-589-3855

All details can be found on the treasurenet forum here:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/shipwrecks/314706-cookout-benefit-mad4wrecks.html

Please let me know if you plan on attending.
You can respond online or call me directly:
386-801-9242

Thanks,
John Redman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions