hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
In our world there are laws and rules. What I mean by that is most of us probably agree with Thou shall not kill (unless they really deserve it) That's a law. But we are also surrounded with rules created on a continuous basis. These rules are usually made by some bureaucrat or group that likes rules. Likes control. I don't.
Some will say, we are a nation of laws and we all should abide by them. Well, go ahead, just stay off the grass.
If you find something valuable and the government lays claim to it, you loose. As far as giving a bad name to our collective interest, if you want to bear that burden go ahead but remember when it comes down to finding something valuable most will drop their moral compass. Que' No?!
There is a market for everything regardless of the law/rule.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
...... Well i don't hunt were it is illegal to hunt.....

ok, sure. But that doesn't seem to be the point of this thread. It's in WHAT you can pick up, or take home. Specifically the 50 or 100 yr. archaeological age stuff rules. So, sure, you can perhaps hunt modern clad in certain places. In that sense, sure, you're not hunting where it's "illegal to hunt". But in the case of this thread, the initial person asked if they found a certain item, and your response was "so what, keep your mouth shut", etc.... So in that sense, it could be said that "keppy is doing something illegal" (lest why keep your mouth shut, if you're doing nothing wrong?)

So with that cleared up, I ask again, do you fear "arrests, tickets, fines, and jail"? I mean, afterall, good grief, you/we know that there's mathmeticians looking over your shoulder, with calculators in hand, doing the math, right? Or if they stop you, don't you fear they can frisk you?

Obviously, I speak in jest :) I have NEVER heard of someone frisked, and an archie finding a 1960 penny in your apron, and screaming, "eeeoooohhh now, a 52 yr old coin! the world is coming to an end !! aagghhh!" :dontknow:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
ok, sure. But that doesn't seem to be the point of this thread. It's in WHAT you can pick up, or take home. Specifically the 50 or 100 yr. archaeological age stuff rules. So, sure, you can perhaps hunt modern clad in certain places. In that sense, sure, you're not hunting where it's "illegal to hunt". But in the case of this thread, the initial person asked if they found a certain item, and your response was "so what, keep your mouth shut", etc.... So in that sense, it could be said that "keppy is doing something illegal" (lest why keep your mouth shut, if you're doing nothing wrong?)

So with that cleared up, I ask again, do you fear "arrests, tickets, fines, and jail"? I mean, afterall, good grief, you/we know that there's mathmeticians looking over your shoulder, with calculators in hand, doing the math, right? Or if they stop you, don't you fear they can frisk you?

Obviously, I speak in jest :) I have NEVER heard of someone frisked, and an archie finding a 1960 penny in your apron, and screaming, "eeeoooohhh now, a 52 yr old coin! the world is coming to an end !! aagghhh!" :dontknow:
..... For some reason i fear none of them.... And i do find more than clad...... In my mind i am not doing nothing illegal ...... But in all the stupid laws we have they might say i was doing something illegal.................. So what a person keeps to there self and tells no one is there secret.................... In a sense i am legal to me........But to them could be illegal........... But i don't worry about them or fear them for they do not know and can not prove............ Hell if i worried about every thing like some do i would have been dead 10 years ago................ And never had made any good finds............

Last edited:

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
Nothing to fear.The general public loves us due to the kind things we do to help when we can.The cops love us for the advancements in metal detection technology,the big money powerhouse companies love us because without us thousands would be without jobs.The landscapers love us because we remove metal and paper trash from parks.On and on.Still swinging,right. :'(

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread