Hitting the Coil, but what should I do about this??

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess it would get on a mans nerves. Seldom had it happen but I don't hunt in town very often. Lots of kids come to see what you are finding and can get on your nerves even if you love kids. .....Guess it is a simple as you can't fix stupid. Let them show their :censored: and hunt on. Some silly laws say you fire shots in their direction or even bust em in the head with your digger. ....Go figure.:angry5:

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
MrSchulz said:
I'm doing a sidewalk ---> Curb tear out along boulevards for about 5 blocks. It's on the main street of town. Constantly having to put up with people yelling stupid things from there window (mainly highschoolers). Any advice besides the flip them off technique?

I can't believe I just read this. Oh we'll now that I did you could ignore them.

OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess it would get on a mans nerves. Seldom had it happen but I don't hunt in town very often. Lots of kids come to see what you are finding and can get on your nerves even if you love kids. .....Guess it is a simple as you can't fix stupid. Let them show their :censored: and hunt on. Some silly laws say you fire shots in their direction or even bust em in the head with your digger. ....Go figure.:angry5:

I'll keep my headphones on and tune them out. Not really caring about there idiotness.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wear a Tee-shirt that says, "I'm Looking For Jimmie Hoffa!"

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't believe you are reading either.....without help........Gotcha:violent1:

:wav:

Still my hero ticm

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look... I already know that you are younger than most here, so here's my advise (Please read disclaimer below too:icon_thumright:)

Be confrontational, man up young buck... Ask in a loud and threatening voice... Do you know who I am!!!!!!

When they say no....

You say... Good, let's keep it that way

Then you could either flip the bird, or egg them and run like the wind :laughing7:

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New found respect for Spartacus53 :evil6:

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when im wearing my camouflage jacket i notice ppl don't mess with me .I holed my shovel like im going to kill someone :violent1:.. I look like a MAD man :angry4:.its nice when im in a park parents don't let there kids walk up to me lol ...love it . ya i look like a mad man but ppl think twice??? HH

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Look... I already know that you are younger than most here, so here's my advise (Please read disclaimer below too:icon_thumright:)

Be confrontational, man up young buck... Ask in a loud and threatening voice... Do you know who I am!!!!!!

When they say no....

You say... Good, let's keep it that way

Then you could either flip the bird, or egg them and run like the wind :laughing7:

I'm a big dude. 6' 3'' 275lbs I intimidate a lot, but its more of them driving by and yelling stuff or laughing. People with nothing better to do.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ugly them to near death.....easy for me......you guys may have to work at it .:laughing7:

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
TNGUNS said:
Can't believe you are reading either.....without help........Gotcha:violent1:

:wav:

Still my hero ticm

Another guy with a man crush with me.

Calvin.Coin

Sep 27, 2012
Southwestern America
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wave to them with your digging tool...while smiling in a non-threatening manner, of course.

peace,
cc

edited to add:

If I had your find count I wouldn't worry what they thought...nice job!

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well only put up with one person, same person I figured would be out at this time. Honking and waving in the smart alac way, didn't even pay attention. Dug $8.76 in clad. Going out again later to a few different spots, than i'll post finds for this weekend. Dug my first silver, and some other cool things.

HH
MrSchulz

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hunting a park when 4 pre 10's came towards me started giggling to themselves.
A few days later at the same place, they returned. One walks in front of me and launches about 20 pennies. Seems to have really tickled the other 3! Such a moment that was.
Told them all to go hit their moms purse for quarters, and come back.

Last edited:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just make it look like you found some than good, up here they catch Yaa in the middle of the road extracting copper, they given you that apostolic stare as they drive by, leave you feeling like an uneducated bum.Na! just kidding about the bum part.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wear headphones and ignore them....

The TINMAN

Greenie
Sep 13, 2012
Bellefonte PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soveriegn GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The time your wasting on looking and dealingwith them is time lost hunting so forget them and keep swingin and diggin.

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I started searching beaches in Milford Connecticut many years ago, I was one of the very few with a detector, and stupid people in cars asking in I was searching for gold mines. I did not response.

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
I put on a white helmet and an Orange Vest and say “Please evacuate the area, I am with the Gas Company.”

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions