🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried diggin through one last week, problem was getting through all the toilet paper/debris, not to mention all that darn blue water, that stuff stains clothes bad

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
What you have to watch out for are the chemicals used to kill the odor, Lime and lye. Frank

Attachments

• hand print-2_edited-5.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-5.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,199

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I've spoken to someone here's been privy digging for 15years now. Google "digging privies in New Orleans". I also know he's done youtube vids. Does very well.
Ray

Last edited:
L

lost hunter

cjon455 said:
I tried diggin through one last week, problem was getting through all the toilet paper/debris, not to mention all that darn blue water, that stuff stains clothes bad

Been there

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not to mention the heat in those little plastic things is unbearable

Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
No, these people are giving you a hard time. There is nothing down there that should harm you. Just dig away, watch for broken bottles or things like nails and you should be fine. Something that old is basically harmless...Have fun Mr. S and good hunting.

OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
No, these people are giving you a hard time. There is nothing down there that should harm you. Just dig away, watch for broken bottles or things like nails and you should be fine. Something that old is basically harmless...Have fun Mr. S and good hunting.

Thank you. To the others, the sarcasm and trolling was not needed. I asked a genuine question since this is a treasure forum to help each other out. Sorry that i haven't been doing this for years like you guys have. You were in my shoes once.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Human waste tends to turn to clay after being buried for so long.at least that what the archs said in the book The Great Warpath British military sites from Albany to Crown Point.

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. To the others, the sarcasm and trolling was not needed. I asked a genuine question since this is a treasure forum to help each other out. Sorry that i haven't been doing this for years like you guys have. You were in my shoes once.
Very true Mrshulz. Sorry, I'll try to retract/delete now.
Ray

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
First, I can't see. I can't see my ass going to work. Then I call into work, and say I am sick, and I wont be in to work. Then I hit the privy with some friends and work and work until we all end up with a case of brown bottle flu. Such is the bottle bug.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The waste broken down enough after decades of not being used to richer earth. Consider though where someone may have discarded unwanted poisons/chemicals and take reasonable precautions. Safety digging holes sounds over cautious but a partner or someone knowing where you are could help in a pinch. Been some very noteworthy finds out of them.

Last edited:

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was serious, if you get it on your gloves dont wipe your face or mouth you could still catch a ton of parasites. Dont believe me then try it

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
actually i was just being sarcastic, its in my nature to be. wasnt aiming to offend anyone......

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
All i can tell you is every summer up in our cabin in Canada i clean out the out house.... And never got sick from it yet........ And it gets full every year...... As for hunting in what comes out of the out house or privy as you call it ....Never did just got rid of it....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread