My daughters treasure chest

skeeterd

Oct 11, 2012
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,
I'm new here and wanted to tell a little story about my daughter. I've been a coin collector since high school and when my daughter was born, I found a small hand made wooden chest that looked like a pirate chest in an antique store. I started buying a few cheap and unusual coins and tokens to put in it like real treasure to help get her interested in coins too. As she has gotten older, she helps me look in coin shops for different world coins and such to keep her "treasure" unique. But she has never shown a real big interest in it unless I ask her if she wants to look for something new. A year ago, there was a fundraiser for a local organisation where people could donate their jewlery and it would be sold for $1 for each piece. It was a huge success with all kinds of cheap jewlery being sold and young girls having a blast! My daughter only bought 5 items but was certian that one ring she found was real gold. When she showed it to me, sure enough, 14k was stamped inside. She was REALLY excited! She won't wear it at all. It stayes in her treasure chest and ever since she has been on the hunt for more things to add. From pawn shops to coin stores and garage sales to the internet, she has become an addict!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread