Part 2 of Television,The Idiot Box: How TV Is Turning Us All Into Zombies

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Treasure Hunter, Observations over the years are the best info. Books hold a lot of peoples observations and you rate these observations by your opinion of the author. On the internet there is a lot of info., but most is from unproven sources.

Red, I saw the use of the subliminal idea plants in real time at the movies. They would slip a frame or two showing a cup of Coke just before intermission or a frame or two showing a box of popcorn and it boosted sales at the refreshment counter. They tried the same thing on TV with product logos. But the FCC caught them and outlawed it. I have recently noticed logo flashes, but they are now long enough to be noticed so they are legal. I have been watching for political flashes, but none so far.
The thing is you see a heck of a lot more than your conscious realizes, but the idea gets planted in your subconscious.

I read about 12 mags. a month. They contain the latest info. available. My cache stories and notes are all on paper. It is much easier to look back at various details and make additional notes on paper. I have a collection of treasure books that I am constantly looking back on.

As far as TV, it contains the latest news, but you can see that it gets altered, even though it does catch those that misspoke!
Hay, almost everything in life has a good side and a bad side, it's the % of each that makes the difference! Frank

Attachments

• 084.JPG
    084.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 80

Calvin.Coin

Sep 27, 2012
Southwestern America
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plus one of the coolest things about books...margin notes! Sure, you can annotate a pdf or such but I've suffered too many computer mishaps over the last 25 years or so to ever really trust even doubly backed data.

I love getting an older used book that has been through many hands...all the page creases, underlines, footnotes etc. tell quite a story in between the lines.

treasure is where you find it,
cc

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
The walking dead, and zombie junk does appear to be popular on TV. What I am afraid of is this mental level group might vote for the living dead we already have. Frank 175.JPG

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
been off line for about a week, just got my computer back
3pm Eastern today.

Spent the last week watching TV.
Mostly movies (Horror & Comedy) on HBO , IFC , Sundance & MGM
Yea My head felt like a Zombie from staring at the tube all that time :laughing7:

Never did finish the movie I was watching ("the woods" ? I think ? )
computer got Here , TV went off :hello2:

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The walking dead, and zombie junk does appear to be popular on TV. What I am afraid of is this mental level group might vote for the living dead we already have. Frank View attachment 688692

After watching all kinds of Zombie movies this week Old & New I'm still confused.

in the old ones The Zombies walked slow while their victims ran, yet the Zombies Caught them.

in the newer ones The zombies Run, While their victims trip, Fall, & walk yet the zombies can't catch them. :icon_scratch:

Seems to me if you see a zombie running at you, best to sit down and take a Break :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After watching all kinds of Zombie movies this week Old & New I'm still confused.

in the old ones The Zombies walked slow while their victims ran, yet the Zombies Caught them.

in the newer ones The zombies Run, While their victims trip, Fall, & walk yet the zombies can't catch them. :icon_scratch:

Seems to me if you see a zombie running at you, best to sit down and take a Break :laughing7:

getting away from zombies is like bears or sharks, as long as you have someone with you who is slower than you are your okay....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
getting away from zombies is like bears or sharks, as long as you have someone with you who is slower than you are your okay....

Yep & Definitely stay way from Movie & TV Stars.

If we ever have a Zombie invasion I Sure hope Woody Harrelson or Milla Jovovich are not in town.

They not only tend to attract Zombies, They also tend to be the sole survivors

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No way I could read the whole original post because I would miss my TV show that is coming on.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well, the third round is on tonite. Possibly a KO in this 3rd round. The word is, if he gets 3 out of 3, the win is automatic. What I can't see is what all the women see in the pres. , that is unless they are all planing on having an abortion, but I think most are more careful than that. Frank

Attachments

• Rose on ice 700.jpg
    Rose on ice 700.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 71

Calvin.Coin

Sep 27, 2012
Southwestern America
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a TV but haven't had reception/signal for years (no power lines or utilities where I live). I'll have to stream the last debate and use a chunk of my bandwidth. I reckon it's worth it...

peace,
cc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions