Shadow X2, Shadow X5, Teknetics Omega 8000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a point Shadow. I am sure like most Tesoro products it is a great machine but it is odd you hear so little about it ( good or bad ). Really a great deal when you figure the value of the extra coils.:icon_scratch:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I here Yaa,

I would love to have a comparison on the out law and a white's 5900 or the 6000 di pro or 6000 xl pro.If it could out shine one of them with a 15 inch loop I would by one....especially for the big deep float copper pieces a round hear. my 5900 keeps up with my garret box loop easily if not better on smaller deeper targets...

.......................................................................................................................................liftloop

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
100_2611.jpg It is funny that no one talks about the Outlaw ???????

rossman85

May 14, 2012
harrisburg, pa
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro, pro pointer, lesche digger
DirtDiggerDaveinMD said:
It is a great deal. If it had multiple tones I might pick one up.

I agree, but if i were to buy another tesoro, i would probably get the new golden umax with the four tones...i was not a fan of the single tone, though my tesoro was a good detector, it just was not for me.

starprince

Greenie
Aug 30, 2005
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites 6000DI Series 3, Bounty Hunter Big Bud Pro, Fisher 1212X, Garrett American AM-2, Garrett Beach Hunter AT3, and Garrett Hunter BFO (Retired but still works)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love to get one but I can't see buying a new detector when I have 5 already. If I needed a detector, I would look into this one very closely.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't care for their sound I listened on you tube it has a funny sound . it's better than a bell tone, if it sounded like my mxt and had the power of my 5900 it shrinks the target signal down like a white's detector in all metal non motion mode.

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a Tesoro Outlaw about 2 months ago. It is my first detector since a mid-range whites detector in the late 80s, so I do not have much to compare it to.

It was great for the first 4 weeks, but since then I have the following problem:
- while in discrimination mode, the detector begins working like it is in all metal mode

I brought the detector back to the shop I bought it from. He was able to "fix" it by blowing out dirt that was stuck in the ground balance knob. This as a cause of my problem did not make sense, and after about 1 hour of use, the same problem began to happen.

I've now decided to contact Tesoro directly. They claim that no one else is having this problem. They support person asked if the auto-tune button fixes the issue. I took the detector out yesterday and the issue kept popping up. Sometimes the auto-tune would resolve the issue but it was not consistent and often required me hitting auto-tune several times and/or turning it off and resetting.

The detector does only have one tone, which I now realize is a disadvantage. However, for the first 4 weeks I really like the detector. Right now, I am just frustrated and regret buying a detector that is brand new to the market.

Would love to hear from other people who have an Outlaw.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought a Tesoro Outlaw about 2 months ago. It is my first detector since a mid-range whites detector in the late 80s, so I do not have much to compare it to.

It was great for the first 4 weeks, but since then I have the following problem:
- while in discrimination mode, the detector begins working like it is in all metal mode

I brought the detector back to the shop I bought it from. He was able to "fix" it by blowing out dirt that was stuck in the ground balance knob. This as a cause of my problem did not make sense, and after about 1 hour of use, the same problem began to happen.

I've now decided to contact Tesoro directly. They claim that no one else is having this problem. They support person asked if the auto-tune button fixes the issue. I took the detector out yesterday and the issue kept popping up. Sometimes the auto-tune would resolve the issue but it was not consistent and often required me hitting auto-tune several times and/or turning it off and resetting.

The detector does only have one tone, which I now realize is a disadvantage. However, for the first 4 weeks I really like the detector. Right now, I am just frustrated and regret buying a detector that is brand new to the market.

Would love to hear from other people who have an Outlaw.

Tesoro Warranty service is second to none. Pack up the coils and the control box and send it in along with a detailed note of the problem. Don't forget to include contact information. They will have it working properly when they are done.

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
I know what you mean Rossman. I had a Cibola that I just could not get into with the single tone. It was a nice detector I just could not warm up to.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SilverDollarBill-I forgot to ask, are you having this problem with all three coils or just one? Knowing that would isolate the problem to either a coil or the box.

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good call. I have only been using the small coil to search mainly parks. Will try the medium size one tonight.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't care for their sound I listened on you tube it has a funny sound . it's better than a bell tone, if it sounded like my mxt and had the power of my 5900 it shrinks the target signal down like a white's detector in all metal non motion mode.
......every one talks about garretts belltone i liked the bell tone..... i think what it is that some one says they don't like the belltone........ Then others just go along with it ........ i hope that outlaw does not have a lot of problems.... it still seems like not to many being sold........ but i liked the bell tone..... zhaodpnet_02.gif BOOM BABY '.............

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I was the only one that liked the bell tone...thanks to you guys I finally got the courage to come out of the closet...I LIKE THE BELL TONE...WOOO that felt good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread