NEED HELP !

Grizzly13

Sep 22, 2012
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac/Sunray Probe. Garrett 2500/garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have got some nice finds and do OK with the MD , but this posting of pictures is running my patients thin. What am I not doing right ? On the minelab site it wont come up either, it says that I exceed the bites. Am I setting my camera on the wrong settings because I can upload them onto my computer but not able to transfer them to the treasure hunt or minelab forums. HELP !

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the same problem with some of my pics, Grizz.

I change no settings when I take a pic, but some of them are too large, Mega bytes that is.

I can take 6 scenery pics, 3 can be too large, and three ok. All settings the same. Beats me what the difference is.

Keep trying different pics until you find one under 2mb, that seems to be the cut off here. Over 2mb no post.

Hope this helps.

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
If you are using a windows computer, copy the files to the pc like you normally would.

When finished, right click on the file you want to resize.

A menu will pop up, select Open With, then select Paint

The picture will open in paint. On the menu ribbon you will see Resize. Click on it

There are two boxes with 100. Change the first to 50 and select ok. This will resize the image by 50 percent and keep the aspect ratio. I usually start at 70 and see how it looks, then repeat if I want it smaller.

You can the also use the crop tool to cut out the extra stuff in the image not needed

After you click save, you will see the size of the new file in the status bar on the bottom. It should be considerably smaller

OP
OP
G

Grizzly13

Sep 22, 2012
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank You very much for the info. I want to show off my treasures because I myself enjoy the finds on here and believe members would enjoy my finds. So I will start with your directions and see if I can't step forward in this technical world : )

OP
OP
G

Grizzly13

Sep 22, 2012
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey gold, please keep me informed on your progress so when I get back on it tonight, I will try it also. Thanks

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
the image manipulation tools are circled in red.

Attachments

• resize.jpg
    resize.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 67

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Here's what I use for my limits. 700 pics across, in the kb range size, jpeg format. Anything that fits this will display here. Frank 166.JPG

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you still cant post,Try making a photo bucket account and uploading your pics there,Photobucket will give you an image code that you can post here.The code is just copy and paste ,DONE!! pic is on the forum.

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
If you have an older version you may not have the ribbon. It may be under one of the menus at the top.

Oh and just for the record, Its Bob in South VA. Just Bob. Not Bobbin 8-)

thx bobbin, mine doesn't look like that.

thx frankn.

thx thirteen, i'll try that.

OP
OP
G

Grizzly13

Sep 22, 2012
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried photbucket but have trouble moving my pics to the forums attachments. I have spent hours at this and I'm about ready to throw in the towel. It shouldnt be this difficult to post pictures for god sake.

OP
OP
G

Grizzly13

Sep 22, 2012
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bob in the south, my paint window doesnt look like this, as with Gold I have no options for sizing. I have about had my fill of this, it shouldnt be so hard to share pictures.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grizzly, quite pulling your hair out and try Luniapic.com

The site is free, easy to use even for people like me :laughing7: You can save pics on that account and also transfer to your home computer :icon_thumright: Made my life easier :tongue3:

Oh, they also have a ton of other bells and whistles, but the resising is good enough for me

OP
OP
G

Grizzly13

Sep 22, 2012
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spartacus , it is a good thing that I still have alot of hair because I am definatly tugging on it. I will try Luniapic next. I just don't understand why this has to be so complicated ? I can design about anything or make anything to the point of perfection at times and yet this uploading of pictures is testing a very patient man. Thanks for your help, I don't give up easy, thank god !

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found it easy to use, and re-sized my pics to 400 x 600. Then save in your lunia pic, and go to the box named codes. I think you can copy either "Website HTML Code", or "Forum Code" code and post directly on to your thread.

OP
OP
G

Grizzly13

Sep 22, 2012
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hopefully I will get time tonight gotta go to radio shack and replace my plug on my ( Minelab) ear phones. They came with a straight plug, I think they have a internal break or short and I get a break in my tones, thats a NO NO ! I think that a 90 degree plug would have served me better. Anyway I need them for tomorrow a bud and I are gonna hunt some, hopefully I will get you some pics soon : ) I just found a 1844 LC that is in awsome shape, it wasnt circulated very long. Thanks for all your help , I will keep trying

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread