NC & detecting "laws"

S

sendin

NC & detecting "laws"

Talked to a former fellow employee who lives in Raleigh, NC and told him I was getting into MDing and he mentioned that he had been thinking about getting a Metal Detector. He was talking about Civil War relics and such and I was thinking about other places he could go for coins and jewelry. I think I mentioned Myrtle Beach because I know his family has a vacation house out there. Then he went into this long description about the restrictions and laws in many locations where you can't go metal detecting. It kind of sucked the wind right out of the conversation. Sounded like he was describing the kind of thing you'd encounter in California, so I guess California isn't so bad. I know the subject has come up many times on TNet, but I still can't believe that so many places have said "NO" to Metal Detectorists. OK I'm done.

papa

Sep 21, 2006
Re: NC & detecting "laws"

Sendin, It's just as bad here in Virginia,and may get even worse.Don't you just love it ?

OP
OP
S

sendin

Maybe we should start taking pictures of all the garbage we remove and the nice way we cover up our holes and send it to the politicos. Nah, I guess not - they'd probably just track you down and give your address to their friends so they could break into your house to steal all of the clad!

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MD laws in ca.stay away from national parks and historical landmarks.go for it.

papa

Sep 21, 2006

sendin said:
Maybe we should start taking pictures of all the garbage we remove and the nice way we cover up our holes and send it to the politicos. Nah, I guess not - they'd probably just track you down and give your address to their friends so they could break into your house to steal all of the clad!

That,or give you a ticket,for picking up trash without a permit.

OP
OP
S

sendin

Got me papa - busted out laughing like a kid on that one!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread