"FIGHT FOR FL ARTIFACTS CASE -- DAVE ROSS"

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: "FIGHT FOR FL ARTIFACTS CASE -- DAVE ROSS"

Another reason to not show your finds to anyone or offer them for sale. What they don't know can't hurt you......

If you don't like what is going on with the laws you have to get involved by writing letters to congressmen.

OP
OP
r49miner

r49miner

Sep 12, 2006
Idaho
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jeffro said:
Chuck, I'm confused... was it Matt, Dave Ross, or this fella named "Smokey" who was arrested? Or was this just posted on Matt's board?

Sorry I have not answered you before this, the computer took a dump and it's been off and on in the shop for two week's.

Jeffro, Matt appears to be the one that posted the original from somewhere else. I live in California and the two places I am most concerned about is California and Florida. I have been away from mining and Detecting for about 8 years, coming back into it and seeing all the information on the intrnet is just overwhelming. I'm an older guy,62, and I'm not used to computers or the amount of information to digest out there. What really got me going was going to Matt's section on the GoldDredgers Forum and seeing the government coming down hard on people as far as what they can and can't do.

Everything bad seems to happening there, from taking the rights of people to recover ship treasure to finding an arrow head. In our papers out here it was Florida taking property away from people so a mall could be built by a private company. The plans to turn Florida into a swamp again over the next 100 years, how every indivdual seems to be walking on egg shells tom prevent from being arrested. The Dave Ross case really was the last straw an I wanted to do something to try and get someone(s) from the East Coast to get involved. For a while I thought there was hope because of the SALVAGE group that was going to be started to fight these unjust laws. But that leaves a whole bunch still unchallenged. From this forum and others back East should start a Grass Roots group for fighting bad laws and electing people to office that are sympathetic to the cause.

In reality people may be involved already and an organization can already exist, but it seems that no one here no about them. If you know of one please post it so we can research to see if they are what we need to join or help.

OP
OP
r49miner

r49miner

Sep 12, 2006
Idaho
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thought I would just help pass on the info.

Chuck The Miner
-----------------------------

smokey
Member since 11-13-06
4 posts 11-28-06, 02:42 PM (MST)

10. "RE: FLORIDA ISOLATED FINDS DISCONTINUED -- IMPORTANT!"
In response to message #9

if anyone would like to help with the battle in florida over the IFP here a link where everyone is coming together. join this site and help with some good advice. i know there are some on here that want this fixed. thanks,
Smokey
http://www.artifactsguide.com/discus/index.html

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm no lawyer but does'nt this sound like a case for entrapment, especially as the agent was wearing a wire. PS don't let the B@#t@r#ds grind you down.

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have said it before and i ll say it again>>> u fight fire with fire.

Every single piece of trash u find or junk item that u " THINK" "PERCEIVE" or "OTHERWISE" hope is over 50-100 years old immediately take it and turn it in to them. It is not ur job to justify the age, even if it is junk or trash it is theres, and being afraid of breaking the law u want to turn it in. Naturally the good items u stash away in a safe spot, sooner or later they will get tired of all this trash, junk and change the law.

U have to remember if they can make money off a law it stays intact but if it is found to cost them money it is changed.

And definitely if they receive 1000 junk trash items a mth to have to date and log or toss they will soon grow tired of loosing to much money. As a gov agency if u turn in any item, they are bound by law to date, log and store said item, sooooooooo lets be good citizens and obey the law>>>>> turn in your junk!!!!!!!!!

Each piece of trash tag it with the day/ date / time and location then march up to them and turn it in, saying but ma`am its the law and i don`t want to be arrested, they cannot refuse it.

U can get mad or u can get even, personally i love getting even by using the law against those who make the law.

papa

Sep 21, 2006

TheSleeper said:
I have said it before and i ll say it again>>> u fight fire with fire.

Every single piece of trash u find or junk item that u " THINK" "PERCEIVE" or "OTHERWISE" hope is over 50-100 years old immediately take it and turn it in to them. It is not ur job to justify the age, even if it is junk or trash it is theres, and being afraid of breaking the law u want to turn it in. Naturally the good items u stash away in a safe spot, sooner or later they will get tired of all this trash, junk and change the law.

U have to remember if they can make money off a law it stays intact but if it is found to cost them money it is changed.

And definitely if they receive 1000 junk trash items a mth to have to date and log or toss they will soon grow tired of loosing to much money. As a gov agency if u turn in any item, they are bound by law to date, log and store said item, sooooooooo lets be good citizens and obey the law>>>>> turn in your junk!!!!!!!!!

Each piece of trash tag it with the day/ date / time and location then march up to them and turn it in, saying but ma`am its the law and i don`t want to be arrested, they cannot refuse it.

U can get mad or u can get even, personally i love getting even by using the law against those who make the law.

This I have to remember,and do........DGI !!

K

keepdiggin

I heard a rumour, I DO NOT KNOW IF IT'S TRUE, but a resident of the East coast, related a story to me on the treasure coast of Florida about a bunch of T.Hrs, that had lucked into a handfull of coins after a storm along the fabled coastline there. He said that the next morning "Someone", he did'nt know who; showed up with dozers with siene bucket's and scoured the beach for quite a ways, removing all gold coins and artifacts there.
Like a said I CANNOT VERIFY HIS STORY, but does this sound like something that may happen there?
I ask because I have a hope, nay...dream of one day just picking up in the middle of the night and taking off for Florida for warm beaches and sunshine. (Cold weather is hard on my old bones) This sorta makes me back up and wonder just a tad. Actually It kind frightens me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions