Sep 12, 2006
Idaho
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"FIGHT FOR FL ARTIFACTS CASE -- DAVE ROSS"

"FIGHT FOR FL ARTIFACTS CASE -- DAVE ROSS"

"I'm making this as the post site for info on this case. From the "Isolated Finds" topic today:
matt, i've been reading your board for some time now and posted a few times, this topic about isolated finds is one i've been following for some time. i have a very good friend that lost his job week before last for owning an arrowhead (yes, owning) and giving it to, what he though was a school teacher. heres the short story.

<<<<<<<Smokey, here is a long story short. About 5 months ago I recieved an email from someone named Whit inquiring about an arrowhead I had for sale on eBay. She claimed she was a 4th grade school teacher from the Orlando area that was doing a school project on native americans and wanted to learn more about arrowheads etc and wanted some info on one I had up for auction. I told her not to bid on any as I would give her 1 to help her with her project.

She kept emailing me for several months asking me to take her kayaking so she could see how I did it and kept asking about a few points I had on eBay for sale which I once again told her please don't bid as I would be very happy to just give her one. A few more weeks whet by and the Spirit of the Suwannee show was coming up and I invited her to come up and I would show her around and introduce her to some other of my fellow collectors. She came up and I showed her around, noticing she kept asking me how you tell the difference between a land find and a water find but never thinking twice about it.
Couple more weeks go by and she calls saying her boss had given her half a day off and she could come up and get a point. I told her just drive to my house and I would show her my collection and find a point that would work for her. She brought over a very nice project board and a text book she said she was using to teach the class. I gave her a very nice point, one I had turned down offers to sale because I really thought I was doing something nice. She seemed really happy and went on her way...two weeks later I was arrested at work and fired on the spot, issued a search warrent on my house to which they took my computer, kayak, every artifact book I had and my entire collection of artifacts that took me 15 years to aquire as well as my bottle collection. The 'teacher" was and under cover agent of the DEP and was wired at the show as well as at my house. Getting me on tape telling her what beach the arrowhead was found on. I have 5 misdameaner charges as well as 5 felony charges against me right now including the felony charge of trafficking stolen state property for the arrowhead i GAVE her.

I have about lost all faith in our government. Hope this story can help others as well and bring me some help in my case to find these people who think we work for them instead of the other way around. Dave>>>>>>>>>>>

this is the crazyist thing i've heard happen to anyone. this may be the time to challenge the law on isolated finds."

I brought this over from another web site, The individgual was Matt Matson.

Chuck The Miner

theloadroom

Oct 17, 2006
SW Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Sunray X-1 probe
Re: "FIGHT FOR FL ARTIFACTS CASE -- DAVE ROSS"

Hey Chuck, thats the way we are all to be treated from here to the end! All I can add is it's time to die fighting if necassary!  >:(

S

sendin

This makes me sick.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Is there a defense fund or anything where we can contribute? Monty

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thanks,,,Sorry to hear that about Matt...The goverment has screwed me in the past too..and I work for it!! Makes you want to be very carefull

Mojave

Nov 19, 2006
Louisville Colorado
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III, Whites GMT, Bounty Hunters, Raytek & Aqua Survey

I guess I have to start asking for id, and perform background checks when you feel like doanting time and valuables to help children.....Disgusting!

papa

Sep 21, 2006

From now on,all my "finds', ..... I got at a yard sale.
I just hope it gets kicked out of court. What a waste.

S

sendin

theloadroom - the what?

Its spelled g-o-v-e-r-n-m-e-n-t calling them neos, dems, libs, repubs, right-wings, commies or whatever is just a way to keep one's head in the sand.

theloadroom

Oct 17, 2006
SW Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Sunray X-1 probe

sendin said:
theloadroom - the what?

Its spelled g-o-v-e-r-n-m-e-n-t calling them neos, dems, libs, repubs, right-wings, commies or whatever is just a way to keep one's head in the sand.

True Dat! I stand corrected! ;)

Korban

Nov 2, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Xterra 30, Sov GT

Think of the amount of money spent on that investigation, and the man hours...now think if the money and time was put into something more important. I can think of alot of things id rather my taxes be spent on. Education, Medical Research, Police who actually take care of crime.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

sad story.

Mojave

Nov 19, 2006
Louisville Colorado
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III, Whites GMT, Bounty Hunters, Raytek & Aqua Survey

Here is a link:

http://www.dep.state.fl.us/law/Documents/BER/PDFs/ERT.pdf

This is a pdf file (Document), and at the bottom are two links/contacts.....If One was so inclined, One could copy the above story, and paste it into an email along with a few "opinions", and have themselves be heard. Of course, One would probably want to go to a library or some other public internet access point to do so, and probably not want to include names, etc, as One wouldn't want any "sudden problems" of their own.

I know personally of One such person who did just that, however I have no recollection of his/her name right now.....

S

sendin

Sorry to be dunderhead, but what should we be looking for when we go the artifactsguide site?

smokster

Nov 16, 2005
florida

when you get to the web site click on forums and then click on last week

If you know someone that would like to be able to post on that board, have them click the "Getting Started" icon on the left hand side of the screen. They need to fill out the required info and provide a valid email address in order to receive a password, which will be emailed later, after they have a chance to review their application.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

All I can say is I am in a similar situation right now.I can't stand this state anymore or anyone who works for it or the U.S.Gov....F**K 'EM ALL!

dasabighole

Sep 11, 2006
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Nautilus / Tesoro/T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I hope it dont take 6 years for you Flawda boys to get some satisfaction as it did us here in The Heart of Dixie. I dont have the patience to deal with the court system. I am still not clear as to the laws for surface hunting the rivers here, I consider myself grandfathered in, as I've been at it 40 years. I' been sucessfull with this one the past 4-5 years, but they may be gettin wize to it. This is also my way of showing my contempt for them. I carry a wad of paper towels with me in my back pocket, whenever I see The Man I act as though I dont see him, then I pull down my pants and proceed to moon him. Then I drag the wad across my butt and then stick it in my pocket. Seems ta work for me. ;D past few years they seem to stay on the other side of the river when they recognize my boat. And push come ta shove and they really want to harrass me I might crap in my hand and start rubbin it on my head. I'M THAT PISSED OFF ABOUT IT!! I think?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread