Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Monday afternoon I was metal detecting. Specifically I was digging a target. I got a call with one of the employment agency's I'm registered with. Did I want a part time, temp job weighing soil samples. I took it. It's better than just collecting unemployment. So for six hours a day I'm weighing little cups of soil...well powerdered soil. I find it so ironic.

The little cups, including the soil, are between 9 to 13 grams. The ceramic cups remind me of the episode of Happy Days where Richie gets drunk at a party. He explains to his Dad that he couldn't be drunk because all they had was beer in these teeny, tiny glasses. To which his Dad asks, "how many of these glasses did you have?" The answer was something like 87.

Last night, around 11:00, I flipped over to the Weather Channel. They were doing a live interview with a man who was detecting a Beach (I believe in SC) ahead of the storm. He'd found a couple of gold rings (one old), a gold chain, and some other keepers. I kept trying to see what detector he had. I think it was a White's, but due to the darkness I can't be for sure. Anyway I was thrilled for him, and wished I could be out with him.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bring your detector to the job... :icon_thumright: There may be a ring in one of those little cups :laughing7:

OP
OP
Mzjavert

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bring your detector to the job... :icon_thumright: There may be a ring in one of those little cups :laughing7:

It's powder by time I get it. When I manage to take a break at the same time as the grinders, I'm going to find out what happens to the rocks, arrow heads, and rings in the plugs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread