🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg is a great place to visit. What type of hunting are you looking for? You are going to have to go north a little bit as the National Park is off limits. Knoxville has a lot of parks that I have found wheats and silver in. All of the civil war sites are on private land. Stay off of TVA property as they no longer allow metal detecting. You can hunt any school and parks and there are several that are worth hunting. Most have been hit pretty hard by locals but no place is ever hunted out. Let me know when you are coming and I can send you some sites that have been good to me.

OP
OP
J

jenkster

Apr 15, 2012
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are going to be there from the 3rd thru the 9th. I am fairly new at detecting so I would be open to suggestions. I figured I could ask the people at the campgound we are staying at, but don't know if they would know. What are the laws in Tennessee? :dontknow: I have pretty much only hunted on the beaches here, and a few parks.

rocky raccoon

Jan 24, 2012
nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg is a great place to visit. What type of hunting are you looking for? You are going to have to go north a little bit as the National Park is off limits. Knoxville has a lot of parks that I have found wheats and silver in. All of the civil war sites are on private land. Stay off of TVA property as they no longer allow metal detecting. You can hunt any school and parks and there are several that are worth hunting. Most have been hit pretty hard by locals but no place is ever hunted out. Let me know when you are coming and I can send you some sites that have been good to me.
AND TVA DON'T PLAY....DOES THAT INCLUDE THE LAKEFRONT AROUND OR JUST OVER CLOSE TO THE DAMS?

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
All TVA property is included. I would recommend not hunting anywhere near the water. There are plenty of other places to go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread