Clad rolling supplies?

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
I was wondering what sort of tricks/appliances/supplies people use to roll up all their clad? Ive seen a couple of coin sorters but I am thinking more of a tray of some sort that will divide the coins into the proper number of coins to fit into rolls. Perhaps there is a tool that will open up the rolls and allow the coins to slide in or something. I looked around on Ebay and it was slim pickings and nothing I saw really struck my fancy. Where does one buy coin rolls and sorting supplies? Office Depot/Staples? or ummm Wally world or the bank?

DirtyHowi

Oct 6, 2006
somewhere in the middle of nowhere iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 Thank You Santa :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm up a buck fifteen over the weekend, just picking up clad on the parking lot and what fell to the floor in food lion (also scored 3 cents from the coinstar reject bucket). I get mine at wally world, they make a electric sorter bank that you put the rolls into, when they full you pull em out and crimp the end. The CU hates it cause they have to come out of thier little safe area to get them (too heavy for the transport machinery i guess). Got mine as a b-day gift so not sure what they cost but knowing my wife it weren't that much ;) you can also get the coin rolls there as well, same as what they have at depot or staples, but not as expensive...ya have to spend money to turn it in..sheesh, used to be you could get the rolls for free from the bank...

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most banks now days allow you to bring in loose coins - they pour them into a hopper and it automatically tells them how much cash to give you, then it rolls them up.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I have the Money Miser. I don't use the motor that much, I put change in daily and tubes fill by themselves. When the tubes are full, I crimp them and take them to the bank. The tubes are angled and they overflow when the tubes have reached their amount. If I remember correctly, they give you 48 wrappers too. No guess work. Here is the manufacturer's website. Hope it helps.

http://www.magnif.com/index.htm

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Actually, My bank doesnt take rolled coins anymore unless they are still "bank rolled". I just fill up my big water jug that I have with pocket change, clad finds, and loose change found at work. :D

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I get the paper coin wrappers from my bank free of charge. I picked up one of the counting machines at a garage sale a couple of years ago, but kept forgetting to get the batteries for it. So far, I just count it by hand (which is what the Coin Star folks do to verify how much they raked in - can you beat that!)

HH
Nan

OP
OP
shootist

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
I guess what I really am looking for is like a tray with slots one holds 50 pennys,one slot holds dime,nickels ect..So I could just fill the slot then roll them up,Ive seen some sorts of coin trays at the banks but not sure what coins or number of coins they hold...Shoot

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
I just use the Coin Star at my credit union. They only charge 4 percent to credit union members instead of the higher normal percentage for non-members. I'll give them 4 percent to not have to roll and count the coins. Went down there the other day and raked up $29 for my clad I had cleaned up over the weekend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread