Newbie...to say the least! HELP

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
bscofield6 said:
Buy a minelab... learn it... and thank me later...

Honestly, I can't imagine why someone would shell out the big bucks for a garret machine. I've hunted with friends using their top of the line machines, and honestly, they aren't much of an upgrade over their Ace250. My friends find a target and let me try it and I find it with ease. I find a target and their machine makes no noise going over it no matter how many times they try to change their settings. I've witnessed this with the 250, 1500, and 2500.

Not trying to be argumentative here Bsco, but I have encountered the same thing in opposite when I was using my "lowly" ACE250 with Mirage and his ML EXII and his son using a DFX...I had an iffy target that was deep. NEITHER of their machines, no matter WHAT they changed in their settings (and Mirage and Nate are both VERY experienced) showed any type of target whatsoever. Mirage was convinced my machine was hearing a mineral deposit or something. Because I was still hearing a subtle threshold shift I dug. At about 9" I brought up a copper belt tip.
Neither Mirage or Nate will deny this happened. In pinpoint ALL Garrett machines go REAL deep. It's when their machines are in ID (motion-triggered tone response) mode that the circuitry tends to reduce depth. The top-line Garretts allow you to hunt in all-metal non-motion without having to hold pinpoint depressed like I have to do on the ACE.
Just thought you should know.

bill gent

Sep 22, 2006
jersey city new jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
MXT would be my choice nice machine can use on the beach or regular hunt or buy a classic two and have it upgrated by Mr Bills to one treasure hunting machine would also say buy a pin pointer (inline) like sunray that attaches to the md (utilizes the MD circuit)
an a army surplus folding shovel that should round out everything u need for TH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread