austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
This doesn't involve treasure hunting, but it is one horrid forget.

Last winter, my wife had me drive her to the bus to go to the US. I asked her when she got in the car if she had her documents. Usually, I make her show them to me. But, she was so positive she had them that I skipped that step.

Well, she had had them just before she changed purses but not after. :occasion14:

All night on the bus, 15 hours it never occurred to her to look. When she hit the US border, she found she couldn't enter.

Then, she did not bother to call, so she was actually missing for 24 hours. Panic in the entire family. McAllen police looking for her. We were standing in front of our house discussing what to do when she came walking down the walk. She got on a bus coming back, and spent another night. She tried to call once, and couldn't figure out how to call, so just didn't bother again. She seemed surprised we were nervous.

Never again will I let her go without personally seeing her documents. And, she no longer complains when I tell her I have to see them first.

Also, I bought a $35 cell phone so she can call us if there are any problems.

When I was a kid you just got in the car and went to Mexico or you got in the car and came here. Or when I spent summers with my abuelo in Brownsville and had friends my age in Mexico, you got on the Transporte del Norte(if I recall correctly) and you went over for $.10 and came back the same way. Mexican citizens just rode the bus over, shopped or worked or visited and then went home. Nobody needed papers and everyone smiled at you. Now I can't even go across to have a beer and ***** without a passport. I'm an anglo and have always loved Mexico, maybe because it is so beautiful.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
One time I drove at least 10 miles, my glasses were in my pocket, leaned over the truck to get my machine out, busted my glasses, couldn't read the meter or see what I was attempting to dig. Bunched it and went home.

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get 1 of these & put all your stash in it & you wont ever forget it!
th

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spartacus never forgets......to make me LMAO:laughing7:

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The less you take MDing, the less you have to forget. i.e. the KISS rule--keep it simple simon (I can't use the word I originally learned this phrase...edited for family friendly content 8-)).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread