So

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you ever drove ten miles from home and pull your tector out and find that you forgot to put your battery pack in your machine.

no but i have drove 30 miles and then realized i forgot my digger :BangHead:

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bet ya said a bad word....fess up :evil6:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Course not. Have been in lake to fish with no fishing rod. Probably all proud i remembered to put the drain plug in till i went to cast.
Have had to dig holes with my pocket knife. Seems to up the odds of having deeper targets.

Last edited:

bobcat

Aug 18, 2012
nebraska
Detector(s) used
whites - eagle 2 sl, eagle spectrum, xlt, dfx, V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen sane men go crazy when they forget their battery packs. When I get out of this straight jacket I will be able to remember to bring mine...hah haha aha ha ha

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been there done that...On way to beach , 65 miles 1 way, half way there realize forgot my water scoop.

Another time went to a competition hunt, got there and realized I had left my main detector on front porch, wife met me halfway with it....

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope.. Then again, had you been a Boy Scout you may have avoided that too :laughing7:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still not as bad as forgetting to put the bilge plug in the boat before launching. :icon_pale:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Have you ever drove ten miles from home and pull your tector out and find that you forgot to put your battery pack in your machine.

Yes. Been there and done that. Went to a park and everything was open and fine. No batteries. Went to closest store and purchased batteries. Went back and gate was shut, and parked being cleaned up for winter shut down. Which reminds me, I need to go there right away, because they'll be shutting it down anytime.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
​......No i never left any thing behind so far.......I have a check list i go over ... You all should try that .....

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
​......No i never left any thing behind so far.......I have a check list i go over ... You all should try that .....

Honey?have you seen my lists? :icon_scratch: no ,just goin to check the mail,really.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
This doesn't involve treasure hunting, but it is one horrid forget.

Last winter, my wife had me drive her to the bus to go to the US. I asked her when she got in the car if she had her documents. Usually, I make her show them to me. But, she was so positive she had them that I skipped that step.

Well, she had had them just before she changed purses but not after. :occasion14:

All night on the bus, 15 hours it never occurred to her to look. When she hit the US border, she found she couldn't enter.

Then, she did not bother to call, so she was actually missing for 24 hours. Panic in the entire family. McAllen police looking for her. We were standing in front of our house discussing what to do when she came walking down the walk. She got on a bus coming back, and spent another night. She tried to call once, and couldn't figure out how to call, so just didn't bother again. She seemed surprised we were nervous.

Never again will I let her go without personally seeing her documents. And, she no longer complains when I tell her I have to see them first.

Also, I bought a $35 cell phone so she can call us if there are any problems.

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We went to a pretty remote spot out in the bayou last year and realized an hour after we got there and were off in the sticks that we forgot to bring any water....... Never did that again.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've driven over 10 mile to detect & forgot my detector :tongue3:

& have driven at least a mile after running over my detector at a site, before I realized I didn't put it in My
vehicle after hunting.

I've drvin' 30 mile one way without Headphones, then 30 more Mile round trip to walmart to buy new ones

I've driven 10 Mile & forgot my Pinpointer, Then gave up & went back home for the day.

I've Forgotten My digger at a Lake site I was hunting & went home,
Thankfully a friend took it home with him for me

Not sure if I ever went detecting & Forgot my Batteries, or Digger at home, If I did,
I forgot I did it :laughing7: but YES Most Likely :thumbsup:

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've driven over 10 mile to detect & forgot my detector :tongue3:

& have driven at least a mile after running over my detector at a site, before I realized I didn't put it in My
vehicle after hunting.

I've drvin' 30 mile one way without Headphones, then 30 more Mile round trip to walmart to buy new ones

I've driven 10 Mile & forgot my Pinpointer, Then gave up & went back home for the day.

I've Forgotten My digger at a Lake site I was hunting & went home,
Thankfully a friend took it home with him for me

I went detecting & forgot where I was planning on going detecting

Not sure if I ever went detecting & Forgot my Batteries or Digger at home, If I did,
I forgot I did it :laughing7:

Alien Mind Control from Nibiru & Planet Gootan !

Last edited:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, you know I'm the kind of guy that like to give different alternatives/options, so here you go :headbang:

1- Nail, or staple any important list to your forehead.
2- Buy my pamphlet, 25 Ways to Improve Your Memory (Subtitled) Unless You've Already Forgotten Where You Left This Phamplet
3- Hire a Gunga Din and give him explicit instructions every day

Good luck with that memory thing, but you probably forgot reading these tips anyway :laughing7:

Grizzly13

Sep 22, 2012
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac/Sunray Probe. Garrett 2500/garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats what you tell your spouses ! What were you really doing there?

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL...sounds like we are all a touch forgetful at times.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go detecting and forget my wife all the time. LoL.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread