Bev

Mar 2, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought I'd share a simple way to test your machine, coils and yourself:

In this plot I used in order: Wheat penny, modern penny, nickel, dime and quarter.
I wrapped each in cling wrap and tied each to one long piece of string. Putting them in order will help me remember what I buried- you can use whatever you think would be helpful to you, coins, buttons, gold, silver...If you ever want to move it, it'll be easy since they're all tied together.
Each coin is laid flat between 6 and 7 inches deep. Depth will vary upon what you're hoping to accomplish. Gentle cover each one so it doesnt flip in the hole then buried it fully. I marked each end with a simple golf tee.

Just make sure that your cat doesnt leave any treasures while you're digging!!

Hope this helps!

Bev

Attachments

• 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    888.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    833.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 120
OP
OP
Bev

Bev

Mar 2, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I should give credit for a guy who showed me this trick a few years ago. I just re-remembered it and realized it could be helpful. It wasnt my idea though.

tin finder

Greenie
May 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bev, my bud Gary & I a few weeks ago were checking our d-tektors-wondering why we weren't finding gold. So 1.5" deep, he
put his 14k wedding band down. Then, even though we were within the same 2 square foot area, neither of us could d-tekt it for a solid half hour; and in the process I got my worst d-tekting injury: a good slice to my pinky!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread