Minelab + geocaching.com event?

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Never officially went Geocaching, but when using my 2 Box around an old castle, I got a loud signal. It turned out to be a .50 cal ammo box six feet away in a stone wall. Yep, it was an official Geocach I entered my find in the log book and swapped out an item. Normally they are located by GPS coordinates. Frank

Attachments

• hand print-2_edited-5.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-5.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 91

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I have been geocaching for a few years now. Some of these caches have taken us to places that definitely would be great for MD. A lot of these places I would never have known existed otherwise. These two hobbies definitely can work together.

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Geocaching is a good time. I will have to check that out.

OK I checked it out. Its a neat contest but the problem is the photos have to be submitted to facebook. What about us people that dont have it and want to participate? I am not going to get facebook either!

Im personally getting tired of everything I see having "If you like this, like it on facebook" attached to it.

Last edited:

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean about Facebook and I totally agree.

Cliff

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geocaching is a good time. I will have to check that out.

OK I checked it out. Its a neat contest but the problem is the photos have to be submitted to facebook. What about us people that dont have it and want to participate? I am not going to get facebook either!

Im personally getting tired of everything I see having "If you like this, like it on facebook" attached to it.

Social media is the new reality of internet. You may not like it, but you will be left out of more and more in the future without it.

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Social media is the new reality of internet. You may not like it, but you will be left out of more and more in the future without it.

Youre exactly right. So I guess I will just be left out. Gone this long without it. I think Ill be ok.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions