ibjeepn

May 27, 2012
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic Whites Classic II
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch:... Could the earth be absorbing them ?

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing I've noticed over the years, is how frozen ground appears to bring some things to the surface.

Steel and wooden stakes that I have driven below the surface of the ground, (instead of pulling), slowly rise inch by inch from the soil over a number of years.

What happens is the ground, being moist, expands when frozen, raising the stake with it, and then in the spring the ground thaws and settles around the stake, and it remains slightly higher.

that's my 2 cents.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
My theory is that deep coins slowly rise to the top. If I am right by 2090 give or take a year young boys will be finding gold and
silver coins poking up from the grass. By that time detection devices will be illegal to own and money of any kind will have been
confiscated by the authorities. Scrip consisting of recycled plastic will be measured out by the millimeter for goods and services
from super warehouses inside walled citidels. Each day will begin with a foot trek to the closest meal center. There each will receive
a packaged concoction of vitamin laced gruel and bottled water. Then on to the work center to sort out trash.

I can't go on, it's too depressing.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
lastleg said:
My theory is that deep coins slowly rise to the top. If I am right by 2090 give or take a year young boys will be finding gold and
silver coins poking up from the grass. By that time detection devices will be illegal to own and money of any kind will have been
confiscated by the authorities. Scrip consisting of recycled plastic will be measured out by the millimeter for goods and services
from super warehouses inside walled citidels. Each day will begin with a foot trek to the closest meal center. There each will receive
a packaged concoction of vitamin laced gruel and bottled water. Then on to the work center to sort out trash.

I can't go on, it's too depressing.

That's nice and cheery. Good times.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

I've been following this thread and it's given me some good chuckles....lol.

Personally I think it's the aliens that are burying the finds just to make our lives more difficult....but then again maybe it's a conspiracy......:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

Regards + HH

Bill

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
:icon_scratch:... Could the earth be absorbing them ?

They would have to be digested to be absorbed. Therefore in the digesting process the copper rises and the sliver goes deeper, but gold is immune from dirt digestion, and just kind of hangs out, although the atomic weight of the gold causes it to seek the bottom of gold pans by --- horrors -- sinking -- to the bottom. When you think you found some good atomic gold, sometimes it blows up in your face because it's only plated. Makes sense to me, but then I've been accused of being easy.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bosnmate, if you keep talking about things rising like copper, when is Atlantis going to reappear :dontknow:

Chris3d3

Oct 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you stop cleaning off a sidewalk the grass will start growing over it and year after year it will start to disappear. A coin is a lot smaller and I don't think it would take very long to vanish. I think instead of thinking the coin is sinking think of it as the grass is seeking what all plants seek. Direct sunlight. :dontknow:

Bev

Mar 2, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is this not a good time to ask why good signals seem to found underneath a pile of animal poop? Maybe it's connected. This happens to me all the time! :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions