spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, all of them do; but you still have to pay full price and even wait on non existent lines :laughing7:

There's nothing like the experience of standing on long faux lines like the rest of the shopping fools :tongue3:

Bev

Mar 2, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm wondering that too. Should we keep an eye out in the "Independent Dealer Classifieds" section to see if a dealer will be offering any deals or somewhere else?
I'm still wheeling and dealing to get the funds for that Garrett 5x8 coil but I'm close!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bev, look all you want, but don't hold your breath :tongue3:

This appears to be the only hobby that doesn't have some sort of sale...

It's a conspiracy I tell you :headbang:

Bev

Mar 2, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well this would be a good move for one of the dealers to take advantage of the lack of participation. 15% off with free shipping would make me fire up my Paypal account!

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Kellyco sent me and email with this heading.
[h=1]Shop Small At Kellyco [/h]The are advertising Black Friday and the weekend deals.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got that e-mail too :laughing7:

Kellyco & American Express will give a $25 credit for shopping small businesses on Nov 24th. So, if you don't have American Express, tough luck on getting any discounts :tongue3:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
My Costco card is American Express, and around here nobody else will accept the card, and Costco won't accept anything else. Gone are the days when the customer is always right and you get service when in a retail outfit.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call the small sponsors like Bart's on the phone. He will give you the best price every day of the year, and much cheaper than K.C.'s "sales".

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah buddy that would be just too cool if detector dealers had 'Black Friday' sales. Lines at the doors startin the day before. Maybe somebody gettin trampled to death over a low priced pinpointer. And thousands more amateur get rich quick diggers out in the field. I really don't want my detector store to turn into Wally World or Tar-Jay. I might just run over to Gold-N-Detectors in Golden tomorrow and tell you what, if those rascals recognize me, I'll knock 10% off the price I pay right there at the register. What the hell, it's the holidays. I'll pay em 50% off the price they're askin. Now that would be a Black Friday everyone could enjoy.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ticm, I don't know if the other states have caught up with NJ on this trend. Yup, stores are open on Thanksgiving evening before you can finish your dessert :tongue3: At this rate Black Friday will soon be held around Halloween :icon_thumright:

Keepitsimple

Aug 21, 2015
used to surf everyday in southern california, now
Detector(s) used
Apex pick.
Fisher gold bug.
Teknetics delta.
Falcon md20
The federal gov is a sick animal.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got a brand new fisher goldbug for 380 with free shipping last week on amazon prime. Too early for a black friday event and I just happen to run across it. Only lasted a day longer after I found it.Guess you just gotta keep checking around.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread