Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like no one is saying to much about the Tesoro's you have ......That will not pick up gold ????????

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What kind of coffee are you drinking? I think I would switch to the non-alcohol coffee before posting again. Last time I checked All the Tesoro machines you mentiond find gold just fine, and I have never seen a Tesoro slide guitar. Way confused in New York! :dontknow:

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the internet! Think of all the entertainment one gets out of it.
First post and it makes absolutely no sense!:tongue3:
I'll say one thing I learned from this video........I probably will cut my ponytail off after seeing this.:o
YIKES!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes i thought i was going to see proof in videos that his Tesoro would not pick up Gold ..........And we all know that a Tesoro will find Gold ........I have no idea what his post ment........ But all i saw was someone play some music..????

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well it sure looks like those Tesoro's will not pick up the gold..... I never knew that ???????????????????/

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have owned a few different tesoros and all mine where hot for gold. Just like my ex they loved the gold. Check your setting and do some adjusting if that doesn't work check your coils may be a problem there My golden umax tiger shark vanquerro and deleon all loved gold so do some investigating and slow down on your typing also stop being so excited... LOL and limit your coffee.HH

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the Tesoro DeLeon.....hunting mostly trashy picked over urban sites.....here's a couple of gold chains from this season....might be an operator issue....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Attachments

• DSC01820.JPG
    DSC01820.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC00022.JPG
    DSC00022.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 125

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I know they pick up gold i just don't under stand what he could be doing to have it pick up silver and block out gold..?????????

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try putting batteries in the machine...this might help a little.:icon_thumright:

SS

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Fisher or Minelab or Teknetics or Garrett won't pick it up either (unless in all metal mode). That is because it probably is 14K H.G.E.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
A Fisher or Minelab or Teknetics or Garrett won't pick it up either (unless in all metal mode). That is because it probably is 14K H.G.E.
That is true all detectors have a hard time sounding off on thin chains no matter what mode they are in........... I forgot about that............ I remember when i got my first Sovereign back in 92...... I was told it will not pick up or sound off on small gold chains.........

Last edited:

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You must be referring to a First Texas Fisher. All of my fisher's would pick that chain up no problem in discriminate mode.

There must be something wrong in this video as I hunt along side Tesoro's and they find little .22 shot or casings all the time.

Surely a big chain bunched up like that would pick up!

Strange.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is strange alright, but, if the chain is NOT real 14 K gold (and only plated) it might not give off a good solid beep (in discriminate mode) depending on the base metal it is made of. Just my thoughts.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry I can't leave this post alone because now it bugs me. This can't be a truthful video.
Absolutely impossible for a list of tesoro's like that and not one can pick up on a decent size chain in ALL METAL!
Then I got to thinking about the time when detecting I saw a glimmering gold chain laying on the ground and I got all excited and tried the coil over top just to make sure and nothing. Turned the disc. right to zero and nothing. Baffled I finally picked up the chain and felt the weight.....it was plastic! But a real good looking piece, as it fooled me.
Could you please find someone with a different brand detector that's popular and post a video of it picking the chain up so we know it's actually metal?
I guess I'm breaking T-net rules and calling this B.S. What concerns me is the bad rap for a good solid brand like tesoro.
Thrillathahunt, even 14k H.G.E. will pick up on all-metal with ANY detector.
This guy did say ALL METAL.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sorry I can't leave this post alone because now it bugs me. This can't be a truthful video.
Absolutely impossible for a list of tesoro's like that and not one can pick up on a decent size chain in ALL METAL!
Then I got to thinking about the time when detecting I saw a glimmering gold chain laying on the ground and I got all excited and tried the coil over top just to make sure and nothing. Turned the disc. right to zero and nothing. Baffled I finally picked up the chain and felt the weight.....it was plastic! But a real good looking piece, as it fooled me.
Could you please find someone with a different brand detector that's popular and post a video of it picking the chain up so we know it's actually metal?
I guess I'm breaking T-net rules and calling this B.S. What concerns me is the bad rap for a good solid brand like tesoro.
Thrillathahunt, even 14k H.G.E. will pick up on all-metal with ANY detector.
This guy did say ALL METAL.
................. If a chain is connected it will pick it up but if not hooked together then a detector has a hard time reading it to sound off..

OP
OP
nicklemanguitar

nicklemanguitar

Greenie
Mar 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iam not trying to give tesoro a bad name thats what i hunt with .he gold chain belongs to my uncle . it's metal and is stamped 14kt gold . for some reasonthe detectors don't pick it up. i don't think it's right for you to call my post B.S . I was just trying to see if someone could answer the proplem. the full list of detectors sidewinder umax old golden sabre (metal box) conquistador compadre vaquero. I'm not against any brand of detectors and love the tesoro detectors . i'm just telling you that they would not sound off on that chain.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions