How come you cant edit the title that is shown when an item is sold???

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How come you can't edit the title that is shown when an item is sold???

There is so much useless already sold ads in the Charter Member classifieds.
I know you can edit your ad to say "sold" in the actual ad and the title in the ad when it is open, but how come it cannot be edited for the title that shows on the for sale or trade page?

Also, how come this older stuff is not just deleted off or at least marked as SOLD so it can be sorted out or skipped over??

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do a test post, then go to advance edit and see if you can edit title. What mods see is sometimes different than members.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
You can't edit a title on any post, once it is posted. Frank hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

OP
OP
coinshooter

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I know that.
That's what I have issues with.
Why not????
It's such a waste of space to keep all those useless posts.
MODS - why not give US the option to change the TITLE of the post to SOLD so we don't waste a bunch
of time looking at things that are already sold??

Advance edit will only allow you to edit the title of the post once you open it up.
This does not show up on the main sale line you see for everything being sold.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't have to change title, only the prefix.

Members were suppose to change the prefix when sold. It is changed in advanced edit.

OP
OP
coinshooter

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am using IE.
As far as I can see, I am following the directions, "click "Go Advanced" and you will see a thread prefix next to the subject that you can change to the appropriate action."
The "Thread Prefix" is not there.
The subject can be edited, but there is no where to change anything to the appropriate action.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you looking at just your post, you can't change anyone elses....?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have admins looking at it now, its a software issue. Members are suppose to have the ability to change prefix status.
I will update thread when I hear from admins..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have admins looking at it now, its a software issue. Members are suppose to have the ability to change prefix status.
I will update thread when I hear from admins..

Your first one to report it wasn't working so we were not aware of the issue.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Why can't you edit the title, like spelling after it is posted? Frank 111-2 de Vinci.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its the way the software is written.... Mods have no control over that....

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can change the title...just hit edit post then hit go advanced...I just tried it...I wanted to add UPDATE to one of my titles awhile back and didnt know you had to click go advanced to do it, I thought you couldnt change it...thanks for the tip Treasure Hunter.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Admins are trying to see what it takes to be able to allow members to have ability to change the prefix, right now the software isn't written that way..... I will update when I ahve more info....

I have started going thru some of the ads and changing them to sold, but not a lot of time to do it at the moment...

OP
OP
coinshooter

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for you help. Guess everyone else just gave up on that part.
Lookindown, yes you can change the title once it is opened, but it will not change it in the main line of the classifieds, only in your ad once it is open. This is why you cannot even spell SOLD in the main line (which would also help).
Treasure Hunter says this is a software issue though, so probably no hope with that one.

OP
OP
coinshooter

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MODS, any updates on this?
Can you delete my sold posts or allow the poster to delete them?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coinshooter, it is fixed, go to a thread ad, above the thread is dropdown menu called "thread tools", in there you will find "sold"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread