Working Hard on Skunk Street

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The last 27-days have been tough and I need to vent. :BangHead: I have hunted for 59-hours of those 27-days, and dug an average of 26-targets per-hour, or about 1,600 deep kneebends over the last month. All those kneebends produced about 470-clad coins (including 230- Zincolns), about $29.00, four- 19th-century flat buttons, one very toasted Wheatie, and five-pieces of junk jewelry. :dontknow: That means I have dug over 1,000-pieces of iron, canslaw, and pulltabs in the last month, and no gold or silver - Ouch! This is THE worst streak I have had since 2002, when I went 63-days with no gold or silver.

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..

Thanks all. I feel better now. :headbang:

Attachments

• nbhy 002.jpg
    nbhy 002.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 83
  • nbhy 004.jpg
    nbhy 004.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 86

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry,

Yep we all seem to have streaks like that from time to time....last year I dug 4 gold rings doing parks and other green spaces this year ziltch....I did manage a gold bracelet and pendant but zero on the rings.....I'm going to have to start hitting the richer parts of town next year...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Terry Soloman said:
The last 27-days have been tough and I need to vent. :BangHead: I have hunted for 59-hours of those 27-days, and dug an average of 26-targets per-hour, or about 1,600 deep kneebends over the last month. All those kneebends produced about 470-clad coins (including 230- Zincolns), about $29.00, four- 19th-century flat buttons, one very toasted Wheatie, and five-pieces of junk jewelry. :dontknow: That means I have dug over 1,000-pieces of iron, canslaw, and pulltabs in the last month, and no gold or silver - Ouch! This is THE worst streak I have had since 2002, when I went 63-days with no gold or silver.

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..

Thanks all. I feel better now. :headbang:

Ain't it a fun hobby!

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Makes you just want to get out and do it some more.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry,

Here's my last 30 days of clad before getting shut down....zero gold, silver or relics.....I didn't add it up and there's some $1 + $2 coins in there so I can buy a few beer to cry into in the off season....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Attachments

• DSC00054.JPG
    DSC00054.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 87

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its the junk that keeps you coming back. Because you just KNOW that the next target will be worth while.

Hey, isnt that what a compulsive gambler would think?

Now that makes me wonder what is the difference between a detectorist and compulsive gambler. :dontknow:

Good luck out there!!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's a turn-around.... I found 4 good rings and NO money one day! Up on the beach between Duck and Corolla, NC. Cold, windy, mid forties (winter). Don't really know if I would want to do that again but it was fun that day. Take care, my friend. TTC

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are good streaks and then there are some not so good streaks but on the positive side of things you are getting in plenty of deep knee bends and leg/back exercise as well as breathing some possibly fresh air. See, it ain't all bad!!.......63bkpkr

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, I can emphatize with you. I haven't fpund gold since the bracelet I found last Nov. and only a few silver rings. As soon as the wife gets off work we're heading to Hilton Head and I'll get my last beach hunt in for the year. I'm over due and keeping my fingers crossed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread