My day was made X12

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been after this feller for a while.....Made my day.
12 pointer 12 point 007.JPG 12 point 010.JPG 12 point 012.JPG

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Battle scared sure enough.......bout gave up on him. Late in the rut here to get a good one. Almost black dark when he messed up.

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Dad wants him.......I have been hard at the doe meat lately ( better eating ). We eat venison about 2 meals a day this time of year. My Dad has gotten past his hunting years. One of the biggest heart breaks of my life. He brought me back a 30/06 I had set up for him about 4 years ago and told me he was hanging it up. His legs and back just wont take it anymore. My other rifles are now safe queens. Use his rifle exclusively. Told him I would keep it limbered up for him in case he changed his mind. 20 yotes and at least that many deer with it since he gave it back. No bucks under an 8. He is still the king in the kitchen when it comes to cooking it. I am on another one that I think is a sure enough boy dog as well. Hope to introduce myself to him before season is over and take a couple of more does. Then it is back to swinging the coil.:laughing7:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TNGUNS,
Do I count twelve tines on that one? Congratulations on a successful hunt! I have found venison to have a heavy game taste to it. A buddy of mine has a method for overcoming that taste, once the animal is dressed out he wipes it down with white vinegar and then does it again using lots of vinegar both times. I tried some of his deer jerky and it was good. Just a thought.

I can appreciate the bond between a father and a son and just how special that 30-06 is. I can also appreciate the bond between a father and a daughter, I assume that is your daughter with the deer. I found that my daughters could do anything a son could do so each of them have seen a lot of outdoors activities with me and then we had a their little brother came along so I got to take all three of my children out into the woods. Have fun and love them all!.........63bkpkr

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
63bkpkr.....Yep on the 12 points. Had it scored today at 146. Mature bucks do have a MUCH more gamey taste than does or younger bucks but I find the flavor of venison more appealing than most meats as a rule. Just have to make sure no fat on steaks when we butcher. The big alpha type bucks get a different recipe as a rule. Use it more for stews and burger. The does are fabulous with no real prep other than soaking in water or salt-water for a bit. Just like beef in the fact it is better if aged. For some reason my daughter doesn't tolerate beef very well anymore. Often makes her sick. One of my best friends is a Tennessee Game and Fish officer and informed me that lots of people can't eat beef ( didn't know that ) but have no issue with venison so they prep and deliver all they can get. Supposedly very common with elderly. My father often wraps a piece of bacon around the back strip and tender loin and grills it. That is my favorite, but love it just grilled and rare about as well. The average doe gives us about 30 pounds of meat when butchered and about twice that on a buck. :icon_thumleft:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Much appreciated BosnMate and the rest.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread