Lost Dutchman Claims Another Victim

Dan Hughes

Aug 26, 2008
Champaign, IL
Detector(s) used
Several

Even people who know little about treasure hunting have heard of the Lost Dutchman's Mine.

And several people have lost their lives trying to find it.

Just last week, the remains of a treasure hunter who disappeared while searching for the mine three years ago were found in the Superstition Mountains.

Here are parts of some of the 62 different versions of the tale of the Lost Dutchman's Mine, to give you a brief idea of what this is all about.

Listen at http://thetreasurecorner.com.

Last edited:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That has always been an interesting story, but here's my prediction. :tongue3:

Both the Lost Dutchman's Mine and Atlantis will be found on the same day :headbang:

I just wonder which will capture the headlines :dontknow: :tongue3:

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Strangely I saw a show on this case about a week he was found...his family didn't have any idea he was into treasure hunting until he came up missing.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dollars to donuts that same family didn't even know he was missing until he was found too :laughing9:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Strangely I saw a show on this case about a week he was found...his family didn't have any idea he was into treasure hunting until he came up missing.
....... Yes i saw the show also they found him on 11-24-2012 .... And he did keep his activities about treasure hunting all those years from his family......... they had no idea what he did...........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread