Garrett at pro or teknetics t2 ltd?

robbor

Aug 20, 2005
Nevada
Detector(s) used
XLT, GM3, GM4b
I need a new coin and jewelry machine as my xlt is not cutting it in mineralized ground.
id also like to use for the beach on an occation or two but thats still probably not a good idea unless i get a 100% waterproof machine. which will do better in highly mineralized ground and trashy and worked over parks wher only deeper finds might be left? thanks

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have both the T2 SE and the At Pro. The T2 has, in my opinion, a much steeper learning curve than the Garrett machine. The T2 is not a good beach machine, the AT Pro is decent and waterproof to 10'. The T2 shines in open fields with little trash and in the woods w/little trash. It's extremely light and, even with a bad right elbow, I can swing it all day. Some praise it for its capabilities in trashy sites, but I don't hold the same opinion. Of course, I still consider myself "new" to the machine and need to spend more time with it.

For trashy sites, the AT Pro is hard to beat, using the small, 5x8 coil. Even with that small coil, I recently pulled an 1801 Large Cent out from a depth of 7" in a trashy site with an electric cattle fence interfering. For the money, it's quite an impressive machine. The T2 will go deeper in it's element and it's a keeper, but for all around versatility, I'd go with the AT Pro. Just one man's opinion.

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Regarding mineralization, the T2 is very good there. However, the AT Pro can handle some mineralization as well. I suppose it just depends on how much mineralization you're talking about.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions