Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still one of the best Christmas movies out there today,the color version is okay too.
...but I'm not ready for Christmas,because at my job we've had Christmas music on before Thanksgiving,Target had their first X-mas commercial out around September.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought Christmas had already been here. The retail stores really burn you out for Christmas. Any way you all have a great Christmas or Holiday however you want it to be.

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope i havent bought it yet,its still at the liquor store:laughing9:

That's a good 'un Red James.....I picked up a six pack of Shiner's Special "Holiday" beer the other day. Made from nuts, berries and fruits. Tasted like liquid fruitcake. Not for me.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a good 'un Red James.....I picked up a six pack of Shiner's Special "Holiday" beer the other day. Made from nuts, berries and fruits. Tasted like liquid fruitcake. Not for me.

I think I would pass on the fruit cake beer also,just doesnt sound right:laughing9: I'll be picking up a bottle of of good whiskey:occasion14:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A couple of guys like Christmas music at the shop so it has been going since thanksgiving. Burned out is not the word for it, one of the other guys is about to use a 12 gauge on the radio. But I do love the presents!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well since my kids are gone and grand kids are grown............. I don't even get a tree any more..... It's just another day to me............

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that movie and also the shop around the corner.Another Christmas classic.

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of guys like Christmas music at the shop so it has been going since thanksgiving. Burned out is not the word for it, one of the other guys is about to use a 12 gauge on the radio. But I do love the presents!

The problem is, most radio stations play the same stuff you here every year....over and over. I came across a station last Sunday night that was playing cool old Christmas songs that I never heard before, blues, 40's etc. It was refreshing.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
The problem is, most radio stations play the same stuff you here every year....over and over. I came across a station last Sunday night that was playing cool old Christmas songs that I never heard before, blues, 40's etc. It was refreshing.

I can see how that would be refreshing, the same songs over and over again does get old. My favorite modern Christmas song is Kenney Chesney's song all I want for Christmas is a real good tan. But I am lucky to hear it once a year for some reason. I usually prefer to listen to talk radio during the day though.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today my sister and mother are making all sorts of X-mas cookies, the aroma of fresh baked cookies lingering throughout the house. Meanwhile, I am patiently planning my cookie assault, completely covert leaving not a trace. So far I have made several recon trips. Ho! Ho! Ho! Getting more into the Xmas spirit now! :laughing7:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scoop, that's hilarious.:icon_santa:

They have some pretty high tech surveillance devices that are tough to get around, like the "Eyes in the Back of Their Head System", and that darnITS system or, "Invisible Tracking System". They also have that built in AMD system, or "Anticipation Monitoring Device".......but I think at worst, I can get through all of it without taking any devastating hits or perhaps with only minimal damage. But above all, I cannot go down in enemy territory, that would be bad, really bad, and dad will simply claim that he had no knowledge of the affair. :laughing7:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel for ya, Produce Guy. I will say that the store I'm in now started Christmas music Dec. 1. Not a bad selection, and only I know that's Gene Autry doin Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer. I run the night shift, and best thing is it switches back over to a regular music selection while the store is closed. I'm holdin off the shoppin just in case that Mayan calendar thing turns out to be the real deal, but I can get it all done in 4 days.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
At least the Mayan thing is before April 15th!

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have tried to get into the Christmas spirit this year. It hasnt worked. I get upset on the emphasis ut on going out and blowing the years savings on gifts. That is not what its about in my book. I think retail has destroyed Christmas and all holidays. just my .02.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread