To all E trac users running in manual and anyone interested

Buford420

Jun 28, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Ace 250, Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, my name is Brad and I started hunting this year in June. I quickly fell hard into the hobby and have since upgraded detectors twice. Every free moment I have, I am out hunting. I started with an Ace 250, within a month, upgraded to the AT pro, and after much research, upgraded to the E trac 2 months after that. The E trac is one amazing machine. With the Ace 250 and the AT pro, I think i found about 8 silver coins. After overcoming the learning curve of the E trac, I just found my 50th silver. I went from 8 silvers to 50 in a matter of 2 months. One of those coins being a 1849 O seated dime. Currently, I have been running manual sensitivity in very trashy, hunted out parks. This brings me to my question for all of you using this amazing machine. Please estimate how many locations out of ten you get EMI problems that wont allow you to up your sensitivity to the upper 20s. I recently saw a video of a guy that thought he was having some kind of EMI issue in manual cuz most locations he couldnt crank the sens without massive interference. It turned out his motherboard was fried. I feel like more and more often, Im running into to EMI issues and I just want a benchmark to compare to. I would say at least 3 out of 10 locations wont allow me to crank the sensitivity. How does that compare to you guys?

beginner

Greenie
Dec 14, 2012
knoxville tn
Detector(s) used
x-terra 30
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow, is the e trac really that good? i have no information for you on your sensitivity problem but ive been using an old mine lab 30, the previous model to the 305 and its on identifying targets. it cant tell the difference between an old soda can from a dime. but i have no references seeing that this is the only machine i have ever owned. im kinda like you i have just fell into the hobby as well. would you recommend me dishing out the $1500 for it? how good is it at identifying targets??

BHNugget

Aug 8, 2009
Western,SD
Detector(s) used
ETrac/X1
Sovereign GT/S1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buford, like you, I ran another machine and was happy with the occasional silver. I probably pulled 20 silver coins from the start of early spring till late august. At the end of august I got an etrac and from september to the end of november, the etrac helped me pull over 87 silvers. I have found certain areas in parks and such that have underground electric lines (going to picknick shelters,bathrooms etc) that will absolutely drive the etrac nuts unless the sensitivity is backed way off. In late fall when these electric supplies are turned off the problem disappears.

OP
OP
B

Buford420

Jun 28, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Ace 250, Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes the E trac really is that good. If you are willing to put in the time to overcome the learning curve, it will reward you. Your theory about underground electrical is very interesting. I sometimes thought that but could not figure out why sometimes i was able to hunt that area and sometimes not. It could be when i change my channel and am operating on a different frequency, Im able to block out the electromagnetic field produced by flowing ac current. I am an electrician so i really do find this fascinating. I really just wanted to make sure that my e trac was not going bad. that video of the guy with the fried motherboard kinda scared me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread