OP
Jeffro

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
They found the grading house in the first episode, a two different teams found a diamond, one on land, the other in the river from grab samples. Something tells me they are going to locate the mine very quickly. As I understand it, they are in a hurry to locate this because within the next 6 months or so the government is building a dam downstream and the entire area will be underwater very soon.

Which leads me to believe that either this series is gonna be VERY short, or the team will move on to other treasures to look for. I think that'd make for some great TV, globehopping searching for different treasures! :)

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is an old thread but the complete series will air 3/6/14 on Animal Planet 8:00am -12:00

ratled

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone interested in looking for this? The Comancheros also traded with other southwestern tribes for a variety of goods, some of them precious. It was rumored for many years that the Comancheros received raw diamonds in trade from the Indians who lived near the Pedernal Hills of central New Mexico. Legend places the old Indian diamond mine somewhere in the Pedernal Hills of Torrance County, New Mexico. The mine was apparently worked by the Indians for many years and has even been chanced upon by white men during its history. One account in particular is of interest because of its description of the mine portal and the vertical shaft within. The chance discovery was made by a trader from Santa Fe who was forced to take shelter from a storm somewhere on the leeward side of the old Pedernal Hills, not far from the little village of Encino. While hunkering down from the storm, the trader noticed a small opening in the sheltered side of the hill. Just inside the portal was a man made 30-foot vertical shaft. Scattered around the cave entrance were a number of transparent crystals, some of them in matrix. The trader gathered up the finest samples and put them in his pocket. When the storm finally passed the trader continued eastward, eventually reaching Independence, Missouri. It was only then that the trader learned that his crystals were actually diamonds!

Yes. Are you from there?

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are, but he hasn't posted the full series and they are a low quality production cut. It worked as fix but now that Animal Planet is airing the full season we should see how it all pans out

ratled

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
thats what steve said too
Steve Newbery posted
Good News Everyone!, Animal Planet has finally decided to air the full series starting in March between the 3 and the 6. Keep an eye on the programme listings and you will be able to watch the polished final product. Enjoy 4 and 5 are really good.

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got word it will not be airing... again. Dam and I really wanted to see this through. I sent a nasty gram to Animal Planet

ratled

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Jeffro

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Sweet! I did dig the first episode as it was all history and clues and little to no BS. Never caught another one after that. I guess it was scrapped? Anyways, glad to hear they got 5 episodes made and I look forward to it!

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend sent this

Dish has LTH scheduled to start at 3:00 PM, Monday, 7-28 on channel 184. I see on Comcast they will running the whole series back to back then are following up with an encore airing of the whole series again right after

ratled

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I want to see treasure hunting I just step out my front door with my F5. Can't get any more real than that.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't remember it , But I tried to set up recording & see I already have it Tuned in to record the whole Series since the original Showing

GoldTowner

Tenderfoot
Mar 19, 2013
hamilton montana
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! I did dig the first episode as it was all history and clues and little to no BS. Never caught another one after that. I guess it was scrapped? Anyways, glad to hear they got 5 episodes made and I look forward to it!

Click here to check the schedule of Animal Planet ...
Animal Planet TV Schedule: Animal Planet
.... look under Monday the 28, Tuesday the 29th, and Wednesday the 30th.

Unless it changes, right now it looks like they start at 6 PM and runs to Midnight.

Check out Rob and his fellow treasure hunters as they search for diamonds in India. They're real-life Indiana Joneses -- but for profit rather than posterity. In this series, prospector Sam Speerstra and his team of treasure hunters investigate the clues left by ancient civilizations, then go in search of long-lost riches. Their work begins in an ancient Indian city believed to have been the source of some of the world's most valuable diamonds, including the Hope diamond. Legend has it that the diamond mines of Golconda were depleted 250 years ago, but Speerstra believes the area is still rich with gems. He has dedicated his life to finding them, and this is his final chance, for the impending construction of a dam will soon erase the mines from the Indian landscape

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, Ok, I know this is an old thread but all 5 episodes are available on You Tube if you want some closure

ratled

epi #1

epi #2

epi #3

epi #4

epi #5

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It was a cool little series but aren't diamonds literally worthless? They kept saying that's about a $4k diamond but are they really worth that much or was that just for show? Hopefully they will get more shows like this though with less drama and more finding diamonds, gold, etc.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a cool little series but aren't diamonds literally worthless? They kept saying that's about a $4k diamond but are they really worth that much or was that just for show? Hopefully they will get more shows like this though with less drama and more finding diamonds, gold, etc.

yes unless your with De Beers you can forget making big bucks on diamonds anywhere but possible
Ebay, to someone desperate for a particular diamond.
or if you get luck on an extra Nice size one.

like the Oil Producers are cutting prices to stop competition.
De Beers can & will do the same with Diamonds.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread