Lost treasure Hunters

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Anybody else catch the premier tonight of "Lost Treasure Hunters" on Animal Planet? They were looking for the diamond mines of Golconda. Very interesting program, looks to be worth watching! Originally supposed to air back in August, but it got pushed to the new year. They are replaying episode 1 on Jan. 1st it looks like.

What'd you think about it? :thumbsup:

[video]http://www.cableready.net/6238/lost-treasure-hunters/[/video]

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no but just set up to record

thanks !

although I must say "a fortune in Diamonds" ? not likely.

unless your name is De Beers, it will cost you more to have them cut then
you'll get from jewelers for them.
My understanding De Beers no only has a personal lock on all Diamond sales,
but also have a personal lock on the the lowest paid child labor for cutting.

Last edited:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My understanding De Beers no only has a personal lock on all Diamond sales,
but also have a personal lock on the the lowest paid child labor for cutting.

Nope... I have em working once they can hold tools :laughing7:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Are the treasure hunters lost, or are they looking for lost treasure???

OP
OP
Jeffro

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Back story is 4-500 years ago a very large diamond mine was at Golconda, only nobody today knows exactly were it was located. These guys are trying to track the location down. 1st episode they locate an old brick building they believe may have been a grading place of some sort. :)

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody else catch the premier tonight of "Lost Treasure Hunters" on Animal Planet? They were looking for the diamond mines of Golconda. Very interesting program, looks to be worth watching! Originally supposed to air back in August, but it got pushed to the new year. They are replaying episode 1 on Jan. 1st it looks like.

What'd you think about it? :thumbsup:

[video]http://www.cableready.net/6238/lost-treasure-hunters/[/video]

The premiere was on the 23rd but the vid in the link you posted states "previously on Lost Treasure Hunters". Have more than one aired by now?

I was looking for a torrent to download but no luck yet

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with Bosnmate on this.. :headbang:

I'd rather watch a group of really lost treasure hunters, than watching a group hunt for treasure. :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with Bosnmate on this.. :headbang:

I'd rather watch a group of really lost treasure hunters, than watching a group hunt for treasure. :laughing7:

That really doesn't work.

If they are lost how does the camera Crew Find them to Film them ?

Unless the show is called Lost treasure hunters & lost camera crew.

Even then they need to be found first in order to edit their film & put it out over the air,

Unless you call it Lost treasure hunters, lost camera Crew, Editors & Satellite dish, & production company.

& in that case , If they knew enough to bring everyone along & title it Lost,
Why didn't they bring Tracing devices along ?

May as well save space on the title and either call it "lost Morons" , or
"What we expect our TV viewers will believe this time"

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, not the best title but still refreshing to see some (hopefully) experienced hunters heading into uncharted territory rather then bumbling idiots like the Hoffmans, or those 2 ex real estate swindlers, or that crew of hill billies that went to South Africa looking to get rich diamond hunting. Those guys were like watching 2 trains heading toward each other on the same track, you knew carnage was going to happen but you still had to watch.
ZDD

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in all honesty I'll give it a watch before making any realistic judgements.
Sooner or later someone has to get it right :laughing7:

right ? :tongue3:

kdbrich

Dec 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda make you wonder if they'd have found it we'd have heard about it last year when they filmed it? Same thing with the half-wits that go out and search for Sasquatch. I personally think there's a chance it can exist...but these nitwits are on there saying "squatches like to eat _______" or they advertise next week's episode as if they finally saw one. Please.....I'd have seen it all over the news long before the episode airs. ,

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in all honesty I'll give it a watch before making any realistic judgements.
Sooner or later someone has to get it right :laughing7:

right ? :tongue3:
If you want to watch the guys who did get it right watch the "Mud Men" from the UK. These are the Mud Larks and if you haven't heard of them they are true relic hunters but add a lot of humor and history to the show. There is no tally board to add up the value of the finds they discover, just a damn good history lesson that will increase your knowledge and help you understand some things about the finds you may discover.

Here is a link for a preview, I ordered the first season from E Bay. They are now working on their third season.

Mud Men - TV Shows on History

ZDD

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reminder, Zodiac. I never caught the show as it aired but wanted to check it out... Downloading a couple of episodes right now

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That really doesn't work.

If they are lost how does the camera Crew Find them to Film them ?

Jeff, Jeff, Jeff, will you ever understand me :dontknow: :tongue3:

You see the filming starts off as a normal treasure hunting outing, but they all get lost. Thank god for digital cameras, they can hold more bytes than on film. Food runs out in 2 days and they're still searching for their way home. Within the week with nothing to eat and no drinking water they start to expire one by one, until none are left.

Yup, years later,some hiker comes across their bones, finds the cam and sells it to Spike TV :headbang:

JPS

Jul 1, 2005
Anyone interested in looking for this?

The Comancheros also traded with other southwestern tribes for a variety of goods, some of them precious. It was rumored for many years that the Comancheros received raw diamonds in trade from the Indians who lived near the Pedernal Hills of central New Mexico. Legend places the old Indian diamond mine somewhere in the Pedernal Hills of Torrance County, New Mexico. The mine was apparently worked by the Indians for many years and has even been chanced upon by white men during its history. One account in particular is of interest because of its description of the mine portal and the vertical shaft within. The chance discovery was made by a trader from Santa Fe who was forced to take shelter from a storm somewhere on the leeward side of the old Pedernal Hills, not far from the little village of Encino. While hunkering down from the storm, the trader noticed a small opening in the sheltered side of the hill. Just inside the portal was a man made 30-foot vertical shaft. Scattered around the cave entrance were a number of transparent crystals, some of them in matrix. The trader gathered up the finest samples and put them in his pocket. When the storm finally passed the trader continued eastward, eventually reaching Independence, Missouri. It was only then that the trader learned that his crystals were actually diamonds!

Oilfield Diver

Aug 25, 2011
Republic of Texas
As far as "'squatch" - the program is silly. But 'squatch' - Bigfoot in these parts - is real. I heard him wail a few times one night close by - right near the spot I dumped a deer carcass down in the river bottom a couple of nights before. I tell you this - ain't no human or known animal has a set of lungs this thing had - apparently he was quite happy to find some dinner. Pitch dark and he got closer but I did not wait and quickly decided I did not want to meet him. It is some sort of primate.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoyed Lost Treasure Hunters mainly because it was nice to see people search for something other than gold. I will watch again.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
watched the Re-run of the premier the other day.
I liked the straight forward approach with minimal drama.
But Diamonds are not on my list of "Treasure" so not sure if I'll continue to watch.

Chisos

Aug 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as "'squatch" - the program is silly. But 'squatch' - Bigfoot in these parts - is real. I heard him wail a few times one night close by - right near the spot I dumped a deer carcass down in the river bottom a couple of nights before. I tell you this - ain't no human or known animal has a set of lungs this thing had - apparently he was quite happy to find some dinner. Pitch dark and he got closer but I did not wait and quickly decided I did not want to meet him. It is some sort of primate.

Amen brother. Check out http:Bigfoot Encounters, go to stories, sightings, encounters, then scroll down to Bexar County 1973 and read our encounter. Yeah, don't know what it really was, but the word Bigfoot works for me...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread