Cheyenne, Wyoming

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well everyone, I finally got our house rented out here in Tallahassee, Florida. And after 2 1/2 years of being apart from my husband, due to his work, I get to make the big move and join him! Our tenants take possession on Jan. 2nd 2013. A disabled veteran and his wife and two daughters of the age 3 + 5 (?). I hope they enjoy our home as much as we have, and all the critters that come here. Deer, fox, racoons, Ferrel pigs (hate them). Waiting for bear's, they have been seen just a mile down our road. And everything else that cruises through! I am ready to begin another chapter in my life. I am so excited..... like a child on Christmas morning! I will be doing the drive all by myself..... I got my "Big Girl Pants On"! Will be leaving the 31st or 1st. Happy New Year to everyone!:occasion14:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
You will like Cheyenne a lot better in June than you will in January :laughing7: Give it time and you will grow to love it .

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Really great summertime country. You've picked a bad time of year to travel up there, watch out for the black ice on the roads, and the bridges can be frozen when the rest of the road is fine, so be careful, it aint like Florida. Once settled in, you are going to love it.

Rutnbuck

Jun 26, 2005
No. Utah
Detector(s) used
whites xlt, Goldbug2,
[ Oh you will love it in the Winter! Just think if it is not cold enough for you at -6 F. Then you can go over the hill to the west and it is a lot colder! I was working up there last winter. And swore I would never go there in the winter again. And I like it cold.
Did I mention the rabbits carry their own canteen. You can go see Dorthy in Kansas if you like.
Good luck on your adventure.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Did I mention the rabbits carry their own canteen. You can go see Dorthy in Kansas if you like.
Good luck on your adventure.
> Shucks ! That was a timid rabbit . Why , R. D. Cleaver told me that he ran across a jack rabbit up there in that Red Desert
country big enough to mug a he grizzly and take his canteen if he got thirsty .

OP
OP
Lady Pirate

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I was born on Long Island, New York, moved to Florida in 1973, moved to Michigan- Brown City- Yale area in 1985, moved back to Florida in 1993, moved to Apex, North Carolina in 2003 ( just outside of Raleigh) moved back to Florida in 2006 and now heading west. I know of heat and humidity, cold and snow, black ice and freezing rain. I know the wind there in Cheyenne is atrocious. Don't like that, was in Wyoming last Feb., and I was blown around. Burrrrrr. Checking out now and won't be back on TNet until I am in Cheyenne safe and sound. Peace

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
should be some good calvary finds in that part of the country, have a safe trip and best of luck to ya

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
There's a nice trail that goes from Cheyenne to Jackson Hole Wyoming. I think it is NFS land. I rode it on horseback, but they allow ATVs on it. Check it out when it gets warmer there in maybe June. Oh, the first week in June is usually storm weather there. Frank

6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 004-1.jpg This is the lake just north of Jackson. I think it is Teton lake if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
I'm about an hour south of Cheyenne and your going to love all the old houses they have up there hope you get permission from most if not all to detect them.

S

stefen

Remember driving to Cheyene (Warren AFB) from Denver Colorado in a major white-out blizzard (because of a snow blizzard grounded the planes)...followed a truck caravan with one eye on the white line and the other on the brake lights...

Stayed several weeks and the winds blew constantly...

In fact, the antelope commited suicide daily by jumping in front of cars...(beleive me...antelope are not good eating unless tenderized and made into jerky...(then its questionable)...hair-off of course...

Lot of history in the area...Warren AFB now occupies a site of the oldest frontier army fort (Fort Russell) and the home of the original Buffalo Soldiers Calvary Unit...the original brick barns, command and officer housing were still in-place when I was there...also the location of the oldest test range in the western U.S. (rifle, cannon & bomb)...

Last edited:

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope you have a safe & smooth trip out there. I love Cheyenne. If you get a chance go to Medicine Bow, & Saratoga. there's a great hot springs in Sarasota. Good luck

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread