What do you hold things with?

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
BBB,

Welcome aboard ;)

We just use a 5 gal plastic bucket!
holds all the essentials, trash, and i can use it for a seat ::)
everything goes in EXCEPT the real goodies.....bling in da pocket ;)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi and welcome!! I use a carpenter's apron, some call it a nail apron. Most building supply stores (locally owned) usually give them away. I've seen many hunters using these and some use a fanny pouch too. If you are hunting bigger relics, do as Ashleen suggests.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I use a carpenters nail apron...and have a three part backpack. Separate compartments for camera,trowel,batteries ,lunch water etc, for if I am hiking away from the truck. I also have mesh bag that I fold up and take with to carry bottles or heavier items out of the woods with. I keep a five gallon bucket and also a plastic tote in the back of the truck.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...I had a five gallon bucket up until a week or so ago, but I left it with the bulls. ;D

I wear hunting pants with all the pockets and take a backpack if I am going to be out all day. :)

Nana

Attachments

• Nana0520.JPG
    Nana0520.JPG
    8.7 KB · Views: 140

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Agreed, carpenters apron has several pockets, loops to hang things, and a nice wide belt to slide your Leshe Digger sheath on. I like mine a lot, but the pockets fill up pretty quick with the trash and all.

OP
OP
B

baseballbandits

:D A couple porters would do the trick and I think they might actually be cheaper than a fannypack. But all joking aside, I think I will pick up a fannypack or apron before the next hunt. Thanks for the help. ;)

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
Triple B, I prefer a tool pouch (minelab currently) that is deep enough to hold my digger, probe and knife. I even have room to spare after for an extra battery pack if needed. I use a detecting pouch (like a nail apron) for my trash and good finds. I have been using this arrangement for 30 years and find it works very well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread