Im Back, After Over 2 YEARS!!!

SirJoey

Aug 9, 2010
Aboard a UFO, hovering over South Carolina...
Detector(s) used
White's Classic 5 ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm Back, After Over 2 YEARS!!!

Recently, while doing some digging (unrelated to MD'ing) with the awesome Jackson digging tool my buddy LocoLarry sent me a couple years ago as a "Welcome To Metal Detecting" gift, I started thinking about how I hadn't touched my MD in a LONG time, so today, I decided to log in here. Seemed like it might be a kool way to start the new year. Wow, was I ever shocked to see it had been 2 YEARS & 4 MONTHS since my last post! Holy Moses! After THAT long, I was surprised I hadn't been deleted!
:hello2:

Anyway, it would fill a book to explain why & what all has happened during that time, not the least of which includes losing my home, along with prolly 90% of everything I own, & being forced to now live in a camper, but fortunately, my MD wasn't among the sacrificed items!

So, after logging in here today, & reading some of the posts again, I got kinda re-enthused, so to speak! Went out to the shed, dug out the MD, dusted it off, removed the dead batteries, which luckily hadn't leaked & ruined it, & I'm now in the process of charging up some new batteries for it.

Problem is, even though I have a renewed interest, at least temporarily, there's just no place locally to hunt. I've pretty well tapped out the property I own here where I live, & I can't really afford gas to travel far, just to hunt, so I'm in danger of giving up again & returning the MD to storage in the shed once again. Anybody else have this problem?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
When i get stuck its back to research and telling my self there is a way where there is no way. When public property loses appeal there is alot of private,securing permission gets easier with practice. End of season detecting this past year was a well hunted park. Good practice and some surprises.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread