Remote viewing to locate treasure, via hypnosis and/or hypnotic regression

Barto

Jan 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I know this sounds like it is way out on the fringe, and perhaps this may ever be nothing more than a discussion of possibilities, but some hunters will give ANYTHING a try. Most all of us have heard of remote viewing, if not, then a Google search is in order for you. We have all heard of hypnosis, under which we hear of hypnotic regression, taking someone's subconscious allegedly back in time to an alleged past life. My hare-brained scheme involves the possibility of combining the two 'disciplines', with the specific purpose of seeking and finding known lost historic treasures.

Some THers are of the opinion that treasure finds people of it's own nature, often when the finder is not even seeking it. Going in search of it is often not much more than searching for a needle in a haystack. You simply find some haystacks and search through them with your needle locator. But what if you could pinpoint a huge known historic treasure before 'leaving the house', and head straight to it? Simple concept, but still a crazy sounding idea. Perhaps a trial run on a smaller scale is in order first. Perhaps GPS could be incorporated into this somehow. Or perhaps I need to take my meds and go lie down until this loopy idea gets pushed out of the gray matter altogether. Nah, I want to discuss this, pursue the possibilities, hear some other thoughts on the subject, and if the opportunity ever presents itself, give this a serious test some day.

Perhaps the place to start is to define hypnosis. Hypnosis, 1. a trance-like state in which you have heightened focus and concentration. 2. An artificially induced trance state resembling sleep, characterized by heightened susceptibility to suggestion. 3. "a special psychological state with certain physiological attributes, resembling sleep only superficially and marked by a functioning of the individual at a level of awareness other than the ordinary conscious state." Okay, we get the picture.

Now let us see if we can get a clear definition on hypnotic regression. Here is where it gets somewhat befuddling. We have definitions by skeptical non-hypnotists, who insist past life regression, and hypnotic regression are always and only one and the same. Wiki seems to be full of skeptic types. Then we have hypnotists that carefully explain the proper differences, and give an explained, experienced definition of the term. Most of us have heard of police getting a license number or perpetrator description from a witness who underwent hypnosis. That is obviously regression, and definitely not past life regression.

Fro m institution that trains hypnotists for state certification; There is no
"concise theory to explain all of the psychological, physiological and interpersonal factors involved in hypnosis. But the hypnotic state is extremely complex and diverse, just as are waking and sleep states. Heightened suggestibility is just one of the uses of hypnosis. The state of hypnosis itself is ideal for pain control, stress reduction and overcoming insomnia. The effectiveness of hypnotic pain control alone has drawn numerous physicians, dentists, chiropractors and nurses to take our professional training. Also, since in hypnosis one is tapping into the inner mind, the subconscious memories become more accessible. This has ramifications ranging from improving test scores, to finding lost objects, to helping witnesses recall details after a crime."

Note the 'finding lost objects' part. Obviously that refers to the present life, and perhaps something to file away in our minds. But are we sure it refers ONLY to present life? I like evidence, and I am concerned we may never get 'evidence' beforehand, proving the concept viable. Evidence to me very much means we are dealing in the realm of hard science, and just about anyone with the knowledge and/or training should be able to apply the science with success. Maybe part 2 will shed some more light on the matter.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting. Let us know how it works out for you.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Well, you're bundling a whole host of things into one post. Everything from subtle memory inducing tricks, to full-blown hocus pocus supernatural stuff (past lives, etc...). So which one(s) are you wanting commented on?

As for the remote viewing, past lives, etc.... Sorry, I'm not buying it. I'd lump them all into supernatural and occult-like categories. I mean, heck, why not just use a ouji board and think it's all "legit"? Or reading animal entrails, or seances, etc... ? At SOME point you have to realize these type things will go beyond what this forum is: a metal detecting forum (and things directly related to metal detecting). At some point they go to a religion forum, or occult forum, or ...... whatever.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sound like too much work for me :icon_scratch:

I'd rather have a camera set at the location and watch it on my big screen from home. Now that's remote viewing :tongue3:

Toby1858

Mar 21, 2009
Springfield Mo.
Detector(s) used
Whites m6
Well, I suppose if you could hypnotize the person who hid the treasure you may have a chance. Lol. But until I see legitimate proof of a treasure hunter using such methods to find treasure, I have to laugh at the idea!! You might check the dowsing forum on this one!!

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet in 50-100 years from now they will have special glasses you can put on and you can see what's in the ground :laughing7:

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Very interesting concepts. However if treasure finding is your goal I personally think you would be better off investing your time in the the more traditional methods of enlightenment. By "traditional" I don't mean hypnosis or licking toads or drinking a Lapp shaman's pee in an attempt for an out-of-body experience. I mean finding enlightenment (and treasure) by looking at maps and doing your homework. Having said that, I do acknowledged my own biases and will be eagerly awaiting your next installment with the hopes of learning a thing or two. Heck, if eating hallucinogenic mushrooms will show me where a virgin colonial cellar hole is, I will start eating them tomorrow.

Rugger

Mar 25, 2011
This is what I do!
I have hired the help of a trancedental psychic
and this person is emazing. She cant tell were the treasure is but will be able give
to give you specific details on the location, better then licking toads.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hogwash! If they could see specific details about a location where a treasure was buried, they would just go dig it up themselves.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have hired the help of a trancedental psychic

Wow, is that a dentist who likes to go to raves and has psychic abilities?

Could they be able to tell if I have any cavities without seeing me?

What kind of trance music do they like?

Cool. :thumbsup:

Unless you meant transcendental psychic. I hope not. The other one sounds more cool.

Cheers,
Dave.

Last edited:

Rugger

Mar 25, 2011
The specific details are not road maps to treasures.When searching a vast area you must have a starting point that is get to know,in this case a lake and get
past history.This person is able to lock in to people associated with the story and has been 100% correct so far.What I did is make a map from google earth and place a one inch
square grid assign letters & numbers. I make a copy and send it to her and when we make contact we discuss the issue and also tape the conversations.
By the way Deborah had never done treasure hunting before and never has been on this treasure site but understand a bit on geology.She was able to give certain details
on the erea that were confirmed after doing my DD work.This is one person I have faith in and I offered her to come with me this spring and is very excited on coming.

Also she is a no nonsence type and very much to the point.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like a new way to score with chicks. Want to go out to the woods and look for treasure.Hmmmmmmmm!

OP
OP
B

Barto

Jan 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Following is a quote of this forums policy, which we all agreed to in order to discuss our interests. "TERMS, CONDITIONS, & GUIDELINES Updated November 14th, 2011[SIZE=+1] IN GENERAL[/SIZE] TreasureNet is about treasure hunting, metal detecting and prospecting." I bundled no host here, I addressed one subject and how it relates to treasure hunting, in the clear and obvious purpose of this forum. You added the host of unrelated junk. Why?

OP
OP
B

Barto

Jan 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff H, I hear ya, and agree that many disciplines must needs be utilized for success. I have done the Google Earth search thing, and brought an anomaly from it to the attention of friends in Great Britain, who did the whole archaeological thing and discovered a Saxon graveyard, each skeleton with his sword and knife. Cool to be a part of, but my heart lies in more historical treasure type stuff. Personally, I would need some strong assurances of good results, nay, evidence, before trying the shrooms or toads, and will definitely pass on the shaman piddle. Having consulted some professional hypnotists, I am assured that the idea is possible. However, I have so far had little success in getting them to discuss details to any great depth. This is due to the fact that the concept is new to them and their need to find the specific way to go about it. My take was that it is going to be a trial and error situation. The hows and whys of it all undoubtedly fall under the aspects of the discipline which are not yet fully understood, even by their own most knowledgeable. Perhaps my idea is pioneering in some sort of way, and may be tried down the road somewhere sometime. If one little fact or idea that pops up in this thread helps some treasure seeker to success, then I am also rewarded with success and satisfaction. Known historical treasure such as King John's treasure in the Wash, Alaric I, buried beneath the Busento River, Rennes le Chateau, templars, Visigoth, etc., were the type of historic treasures I had in mind with this concept. Not necessarily for personal wealth or gain either, such treasures belong where it can be seen and enjoyed by all. The finding of such a trove as those would bring many rewards. I love Ruggers idea of using a psychic, though my personal views on the validity of many psychic claims is rather negative, I nonetheless wish him every success. Not many years ago in Germany, some detectorists conceived a new idea to find locations that could not have been searched previously, and were rewarded with the success of finding a hoard of second century swords, which were priceless to archaeology. Instead of searching along roads for sites to detect, they used a boat on rivers to find locations that could not be seen or guessed from roads or maps. What were the ancients highways of the world? Rivers, and other waterways. The same here in Colonial America, people traveled by boat, built along creeks, near springs, as they all had to have water. I have a book of my states trout streams, past and present, and I don't use it for finding trout. Talk up the gents of your area fishing clubs, ask them if they could help you locate old foundations they may have seen in their endeavors. Shore lunch is a great time for stretching your legs in remote places. Happy hunting!

Last edited:

MT_Joe

Feb 22, 2013
Ferndale, Montana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
Barto, I commend you for thinking out of the box. I listen to C2C every night in my truck and there is alot out there that some people would never even consider.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remote viewing is not discussed nor understood by the public. It may just be the dowsers, and folks who used the old ways to hunt gold was just more tuned in and had a keen eye. I don't dowse or remote view, but do get a sense of where Im going on the trail. If it works for you, there the proof in the pudding. I personally look for turtles.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Following is a quote of this forums policy, which we all agreed to in order to discuss our interests. "TERMS, CONDITIONS, & GUIDELINES Updated November 14th, 2011[SIZE=+1] IN GENERAL[/SIZE] TreasureNet is about treasure hunting, metal detecting and prospecting." I bundled no host here, I addressed one subject and how it relates to treasure hunting, in the clear and obvious purpose of this forum. You added the host of unrelated junk. Why?

To answer your question, of how someone could call this a deviation from the forum, let me give you this example:

If I, or someone, came on this forum asking about, or claiming the validity of, the following method for "treasure hunting", what would you say?"

I take a painted tennis shoe. I smear peanut butter and birdseed on it. I toss the tennis shoe up in the air. Whatever direction the tennis-shoe points, when it lands on the ground, is the direction of treasure! Now I *suppose* someone could say "this is a treasure related topic" and "he's thinking outside the box!", while others would say "this is silly nonsense and superstition, and can we please keep the topic on treasure hunting"

But sure, if people think such things are treasure related, then ... gee, what's to stop just about ANYTHING, no matter HOW ABSURD from being treasure related? All I have to do it say my underwear collection is a treasure I'm collecting, or whatever, and thus it can go on the front page of the forum?

OP
OP
B

Barto

Jan 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Discussing the use of the mind to find real historic treasure is an absurd concept to you? Okay. Everyone, uh, nearly everyone else uses their brains to hunt treasure. If you post pics of your panty collection, make sure you give appropriate warning, it is one thread I will definitely avoid, cross dressing isn't my thing.

OP
OP
B

Barto

Jan 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casca, I tried the bent coat hanger thing on a new site once, marked eight places where the rods crossed, and followed up with my trusty White's. All eight spots had metal, mostly junk as it turned out, all only an inch or two down. A strange occurrence for sure, one I never proposed to explain or understand how it was possible, it just was. The small group present was of mixed opinion on the matter beforehand, some positive, some not. The negative felt it was akin to consulting spirits or demons, beliefs without evidence. Never found a thing with the rods after that. I am of the opinion that the mind is capable of far more than we realize. I too enjoy C2C, they often present intriguing things to ponder.

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
But sure, if people think such things are treasure related, then ... gee, what's to stop just about ANYTHING, no matter HOW ABSURD from being treasure related? All I have to do it say my underwear collection is a treasure I'm collecting, or whatever, and thus it can go on the front page of the forum?

Tom in CA, if you post your underwear collection, I will vote Banner.....as long as you are not modeling them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread