Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always try to catch the people outside on a site I wish to hunt. Be polite and introduce yourself and tell them where you live (area) and shake hands. Just say" I was wondering if you might give me permission to metal detect your yard/property? I will be happy to share or show you anything I find. I will not ruin your grass and explain how they will not be able to even see the holes you dig. Tell them any trash you encounter you will pick up. Make conversation. Be polite if they say no ask them if they have any ideas of where you might try. They may have a vacant lot or field or woods you can try. Dress nice and keep your gear in the vehicle when meeting them a shovel in hand will not get you far. I suggest go alone your first trip and only take guest if you have permission.
Just my humble opinion. I like to show my finds and exchange phone numbers so I may call and come back. Help them if they are doing a project outside. I cut up a mid size tree for an old guy that was outside and was digging bullets in no time. He had as much fun as me.
Good luck kindness goes a long way.
HH
TnMtns

Last edited:

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have old maps from the 1860s i allways take a copy of them with me and give the home owner a copy...shows you are interested in their property it helps me get in some places.
Gary

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TN pretty much hit the nail on the head :headbang: That pretty much sums it up: also i am not telling you to lie and i have done this before with hard-core property owners/famers and have been very successful at it though I havent done it in awhile because I have so many spots I can go these days. But I use to say I was writing a research paper or book of the area and think there may have been some history on the property,etc.. but this should only be done with hard-core property owners, i once did this to a farmer who i knew was sitting on a good spot, everyone and there grandma has asked for permission but he refuses, so i pulled that one on him and he gave me the key to the gate and said "Have at it" I guess i kinda got that professor type look in away... but seriously this is kinda wrong but it can work! Good luck :occasion14:

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yah G.A.P that is another great way, bring a civil war map book and find the right plates(page numbers) and show the property owners. That does work well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions