kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Gold!!!!!!! Great show keep it up!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bev, I assure you that the producers are not reading the threads for constructive criticism. 19 shows have already been filmed and are the ones playing this season so they can't make changes as they go. Maybe some are just getting a little used to the show. Team ATC does grow on you. And I'm pretty positive we haven't seen the last tree swing.

Yea Thinking about it, They probably are not allowed to look for ideas online.

How many times have writers been sued for stealing ideas ? :laughing7:

I'm sure there is allot of fear of that,
although they seem to have no problem with stealing ideas from each other
when a show becomes popular:tongue3:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bev, I assure you that the producers are not reading the threads for constructive criticism. 19 shows have already been filmed and are the ones playing this season so they can't make changes as they go. Maybe some are just getting a little used to the show. Team ATC does grow on you. And I'm pretty positive we haven't seen the last tree swing.
I think you are right...the show hasnt changed,peoples attitudes have. Thats the way those guys act when they detect and if they changed the way they act, well, that would be acting. Just because someone doesnt like them acting goofy doesnt make it wrong, it just means they dont like it. Its just a show, no more no less. Nothing is liked by everyone. I like the show.

weemskat

Jun 23, 2008
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the better show on TV I agree. However on the idea that there is nothing staged for the show I have a hard time believing after the gold dollar find on Tuesdays show. I have seen them guys get more excited over Indian Heads then what they did when they found the gold piece. But this is just my opinion and I still enjoy watching the shows. The slang is anoying but I can deal with that part. LOL

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have to agree on the gold coin - seemed planted to me.

Bev

Mar 2, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:laughing9: You all bring up pretty good points! Maybe they're reading it for next season or they read some stuff and ditched the really dumb ones or edited a little...?

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure if they are reading these posts but my guess is that they would because I know I would if I was in their shoes. After all the bad feedback of the first two pilot shows Nat Geo held a meeting in Washington DC and invited people from the archeaology and metal detecting community to give feedback on how the show could be improved. That is the main reason you see site 'experts' at the end of each show. Also if you notice each find has a bag with a tag in it. They don't show this but each find is recorded on where exactly it was found, bagged then labeled. I do feel the show is improving but if as a previous post mentioned if they go back to tree swinging they are going to start sending my opinion in the other direction. That type of behavior is not only childish it is disrespectful to the land owner especially when they break branches of the tree as they have done before.

My latest strategy is right after they talk about their last find I turn the show off. That way I miss what ever stupid bet they had and I don't get as annoyed.

Just my opinion...if your into that crap then enjoy.

NJ

trhunter1

Oct 28, 2007
St Joseph County, MI
Detector(s) used
Eagle Spectrum II / ETrac / Excalibur II
I can't believe I continue to watch this train wreck. I do enjoy watching them find the treasure but can not stand the antics. I have hunted with possible over a hundred different metal detectorist, not at any time have I seen the kind a screaming and dancing that these two guys do. I believe people already look at us working at this hobby with skepticism, but now they think we might all be crazy. I don't think this show is doing the hobby any favors

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So before people thought we were secluded old bums looking for list change, now they will think that we are crazy old bums looking for list change. Priceless!

northwoods

Feb 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's DFX300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dude, like you're not going to be calling all your finds "juice" and "siv" from now on. I think they're funny, and the show is entertaining. Is it 100% real? Who knows. Storage Wars is fake, and so is Pawn Stars. It's still better than the crap on network TV these days.

I always laugh when they find a $3 coin and roll around on the ground or climb trees with joy. Hilarious. I think I'm going to to do that the next time I find some siv.

Bev

Mar 2, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's not keeping me up nights, but I do worry that they are turning people on to buying a machine and creating monsters that leave areas looking like a ground hog village.
It's not entertaining but they have an obligation to at least mention proper etiquette at least once in a while. It'd be a good thing for all of us. If a property owner gets approached for permission to hunt and they've seen the show showing respect and proper form, they'd be more apt to grant access.

saltwater_max

Jan 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
All Brands,Whites Garrett,Tesoro,Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bev said:
It's not keeping me up nights, but I do worry that they are turning people on to buying a machine and creating monsters that leave areas looking like a ground hog village.
It's not entertaining but they have an obligation to at least mention proper etiquette at least once in a while. It'd be a good thing for all of us. If a property owner gets approached for permission to hunt and they've seen the show showing respect and proper form, they'd be more apt to grant access.

Amen bev! You hit it right on the nail!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So before people thought we were secluded old bums looking for list change, now they will think that we are crazy old bums looking for list change. Priceless!

Hey, Montanagold. Your T.O. right? was that your claim when the guys were Hibanking?. It looks like there are detectable ..Uh hem 'scuse me Jugable Nugs there not to mention Tweezable G....why didn't they detect that area for the show? Are there gonna be any nuggetshooting episodes? I love the show and don't believe it will have a negative Impact on the Hobby. I only saw one episode of the other show(a fake wrestler with a fake show how Ironic) and it happened to be the one where the cops came they showed a helicopter and the property owner changed his mind about letting them hunt...you could tell it was fake as crap. the ATC guys seem very much like the guys I know who detect Love for the hunt and history and i could easily be hanging out on the porch drinking a beer and talking about Juicy Roundness. Great Show tells the producers not to change a thing.

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am T.O. :0) it is detectable g but the area we are in bedrock is to far down. We dig with a backhoe and stockpile dirt to run. We do have a detecting claim that produces some big nugs but we have to use pi machines because we're digging down 2 to 3 feet for a nugget. I'm not sure if there is going to be a gold detecting show or not but we will see.

Bev, I'm sorry to say but there is no obligation to do anything. Like I've said before its not a documentary it's a show. It is what it is, I'm sure that you could make a show that is very informative and ethical but hey you have to realize that maybe 1 out of 10 viewers will actually think I'm gonna start detecting and maybe 1 out of that 10 will actually buy a detector and 1 out of that 10 will actually have the patience to continue. So really who are we educating? If they are seriousness enough to see it through then they will find this forum and we will school them on proper hole diggin.

Wickedwrx

Dec 29, 2011
Southeast, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the new season way better than the first 2 episodes. Its a little cheesy but I would be freaking out too if I was digging something other than pull tabs lol

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope there are trees shaking there leaves off right now...Willows weeping because they know they have Juice at theyre roots and Ringmaster And K.G. just checed into the Motel around he corner...scared quacking defensless little aspens.Tell the boys good job for us.Hope they are running into good archies.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I like the show because it shows the public how the hobbyist can pull history from the ground that otherwise would never see the light of day. What I don't like is the presentation of the hobbyist as jerks that use slang like gang hand signals and jump around like a coke head. Look at it this way, most of us grow up some day. Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread