Diggers Show

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay ladies and gentlemen go to your corners and come out swinging Lol

kmatcek

Greenie
May 5, 2006
Lufkin, TX
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I am watching it right now and yes the lingo and acting is making me want to stop watching. love seeing the juice they are pulling up tho :)

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I imagine they invented that for the show too, but who knows. Still, doesn't it beat reruns of Gilligan's Island?

joe_dirt

Jan 15, 2013
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Makro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I couldn't agree more, I think I might watch it muted. Do they have to shorten every other word? So annoying.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well i thought the show's tonight were very good ... And tonight there " lingo " did not bother me....My wife even liked tonight's show's...... Ringmaster Tim & King George...Are two guy's that really love to metal detect they are not actors.....I have had there DVD's for 6 years give or take...... And about 5 years ago one night had a nice conversion on the phone with the Ringmaster.......... And they are really nice people..... You don't have to like the show they made some shows i did not like............And some shows i liked...... But i would never run down the Ringmaster or the King .....

kmatcek

Greenie
May 5, 2006
Lufkin, TX
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Well i thought the show's tonight were very good ... And tonight there " lingo " did not bother me....My wife even liked tonight's show's...... Ringmaster Tim & King George...Are two guy's that really love to metal detect they are not actors.....I have had there DVD's for 6 years give or take...... And about 5 years ago one night had a nice conversion on the phone with the Ringmaster.......... And they are really nice people..... You don't have to like the show they made some shows i did not like............And some shows i liked...... But i would never run down the Ringmaster or the King .....

I am glad to hear that they are real. I was thinking that the show was mostly made up with planted finds. I personally would not go all flipply like they do every 1o minutes but then again I hunt alone most of the time.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I am glad to hear that they are real. I was thinking that the show was mostly made up with planted finds. I personally would not go all flipply like they do every 1o minutes but then again I hunt alone most of the time.
.... No no planted find's on there show..... but myself like you i hunt alone about 95% of the time.... I seem to do better that way ..And do not get distracted from my main object that way...... " Main Object "= Make Good Finds..

Patrick14

Jul 4, 2012
Richmond Va.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Im a mewbie to metal detecting so I thought there shoertened words were part of the hobby. Glad I didn't start using that slang in front of veteran hunters. Anyway, I enjoy the show and learn alot from watching it. Glad to hear it's not staged.

OP
OP
Bhodge

Bhodge

Mar 1, 2005
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As people I am sure they are wonderful. And for the record I am not running them down. I'm simply saying their "verb-age-" is annoying "silv" "nik in the poc" "juice" "nectar" "colonge" really????? I consider what we do as detectors to be more professional. I have to think some of it is just done for the show OR they do it since they hunt together and it's their "language" between each other. Either way, it's annoying to me. It's my opinion. I've never heard anyone else ever in person or on this site talk that way.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im a mewbie to metal detecting so I thought there shoertened words were part of the hobby. Glad I didn't start using that slang in front of veteran hunters. Anyway, I enjoy the show and learn alot from watching it. Glad to hear it's not staged.

Welcome to t-net

We will see a lot of new members probably due to this show. I say hunt the way you like as long as you follow the code of ethics for metal detecting and have fun.Nothing wrong with being happy with your finds. I have done a few happy dances out there myself :tongue3:. But then I am not on camera either!!
Look forward to seeing your finds.
HH ( HAPPY Hunting)
TnMtns

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Was awesome when he found the ring :headbang:
That was a BIG PLUS for us as a whole :thumbsup:

I enjoyed both shows this time.
the antics were toned down also to one tree climb :notworthy:
which also set better with me :tongue3:

the language ? it's theirs. I do say "cool" allot .

some misguided people may say "keen", "Kickin", "cheez whiz" , or "snoochie boochies" :laughing9:

I'd only use "snoochie boochies" if I was just Hired for a job
with a prestigeous firm, where suit & tie is mandatory.
or Black Tie Event.

they wanna invent their own shortcuts to words, more power to them

at this point, I'd say they are most definitely real :thumbsup:
although if you look real close it appears most finds are reenactments.
I may be wrong but when they pry up the grass it looks like
it pops up a little too easy to be first time.
however at they pull the things out the dirt , it looks first time.

I think it is possible they find & dig & as soon at they see
"roundness" or ? :tongue3: they push the flap down & call a camera.
which would make sense.

I believe this is what bugs most of us.

They do say "Diggers Dictionary" meaning their words,
but most don't catch that meaning.

anyway; a late Welcome ! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The need to stop being so goooofy.

:tongue3: goooofy is in the eye of the beholder , so it all comes down to who
is looking at you, and the impression you want to leave with them.

"be true to yourself", seems appropriate here :thumbsup:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to t-net

We will see a lot of new members probably due to this show. I say hunt the way you like as long as you follow the code of ethics for metal detecting and have fun.Nothing wrong with being happy with your finds. I have done a few happy dances out there myself :tongue3:. But then I am not on camera either!!
Look forward to seeing your finds.
HH ( HAPPY Hunting)
TnMtns
...... I caught you in a happy dance once on camera..... bunny-dance.gif

Bev

Mar 2, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's what I was saying in that exhausted thread posted before. Muting it isnt a bad idea. If they toned down the slang and focused a little more on what they find and why it's interesting, it could possibly be a good show.
I think an interesting episode would be if they went and worked with the FBI or police and did a little hunt for bullets, guns or similar items at a location to show people how helpful detecting can be in an investigation. Imagine if they dug old evidence that could help with a cold case on the books?

Also I noticed that when they film the coil swinging, they make it sound like it's a consistant beep beep beep as they swing side to side. Almost like a metronome. I found it strange. Did anyone else notice that?

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I was saying in that exhausted thread posted before. Muting it isnt a bad idea. If they toned down the slang and focused a little more on what they find and why it's interesting, it could possibly be a good show.
I think an interesting episode would be if they went and worked with the FBI or police and did a little hunt for bullets, guns or similar items at a location to show people how helpful detecting can be in an investigation. Imagine if they dug old evidence that could help with a cold case on the books?

Also I noticed that when they film the coil swinging, they make it sound like it's a consistant beep beep beep as they swing side to side. Almost like a metronome. I found it strange. Did anyone else notice that?

In all honesty a show like that would not get my interest, unless the evidence proved
someones innocence or where-abouts, to save their lives.
but that's mainly because I would
never want to work for "law enforcement" in a so-called "Free country"

& yes for some reason producers & editors have a problem with Hums or silence
while swinging detectors .
allot of people must be thinking they ignore allot or deciding when to dig is complicated :tongue3:

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

.... To hunt for the police or FBI would be so boring .... No one would be watching after the first show...... The law enforcement hunt for days & weeks and at times never find any thing........And then what are they going to find ..a gun a knife a bullet a empty shell ... sorry but BORING............ And any way they have there own detectors.............

Bev

Mar 2, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ah well, just a thought! Maybe a small part of the show where they help someone find an item lost long ago?

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its funny how much I hated American Diggers because of the obvious...and I do like this show, because its more relalistic.. But the lingo thing is a little weird, kinda embarassing when people that know I detect, talk to me like that is the norm.

And I will admit, last weekend when I went out hunting with my buddy...we talked like them the WHOLE time, just being goofey of course....and there might have been a cartwheel or 2 :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread