OMG What did I Do!!!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
OMG What you did was something ...... Very good & nice for your area..... Happy washing to you..

1more4me

Jul 26, 2011
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
From experience- I can tell ya it's a great idea to spray wit ha bleach mixture and wait about 5 minutes before you pressure spray- and Never use a fine tip too close.... That's good voodoo- rewards will come back to ya for it!
PEACE

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im thinking 30 second clean, Used it before!!! Works great!!!

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all, Red here, I am so excited I'm doing my version of the happy dance! The young lady in the report just got hold of me on facebook (yes I go there, I know, I know) and said she would love and appreciate our help. She is such a sweet girl, and this is such a worthwhile project. As soon as we know when and how it will be done, I will be taking photos to show before and after. One of the people buried there is named Esther Short, her husband and her founded Vancouver, and the park we have here is named after her. She was here in the 1840's, and we are excited to find out who else is there, and for a chance to bring this beautiful cemetery back to what it once was! We need more kids like this around, she is a real winner in our books!

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all, just found this and had to share, we never knew all this about her!

Why Esther Short slapped the French Canadian (1845)Amos and Esther Short and their eight children landed at Fort Vancouver on Christmas Day 1845. After exploring part of the Willamette Valley looking for a place to start their potato farm, they returned to the fort, claimed a section of wilderness nearby, and built a log cabin. The eastern boundary of their land, marked by a balm of Gilead tree on the banks of the Columbia River, would one day become Vancouver's Main Street.
[h=2]British try to evict the Shorts[/h]Hudson's Bay Company officials at the fort looked at their new neighbors with suspicion and resentment. Since the fort was founded, no Americans had dared claim land in its vicinity. To make matters worse, just a year before the American settlers had dared to establish the Oregon Provisional Government and create the District of Vancouver. The British tried every means possible to evict Amos and Esther, including destroying their fences.
[h=2]Esther goes boating on the Columbia[/h]One time when Amos was away, they even loaded Esther and her children in a boat and cast them adrift on the Columbia. Somehow she managed to get the children safely back home, but after that Amos kept a gun handy. He ordered his enemies to keep off his land, but they disregarded his warnings and a shooting followed. Two men were killed.
[h=2]A slap for Facette[/h]While Amos was away defending himself against murder charges (the court later found he acted in self-defense), another band of Hudson's Bay men under the leadership of an adventurous French-Canadian, Francis Facette, was sent down to destroy the fences once again. Fed up, Esther hit Facette with the open palm of her hand and knocked him to the ground. The Hudson's Bay Company gave up in the face of her determination and Esther Short was here to stay.
A short time later, Amos drowned in the Columbia River while returning from selling his potato harvest in California. Undaunted, Esther carried on with the task of helping build the city of Vancouver (at first called Columbia City). In 1855 she donated Esther Short Park and a long strip of waterfront for the city's use forever. Vancouver was incorporated two years later on January 23, 1857.
To read more about early Vancouver, go to Why Vancouver never saw Vancouver (1792) and The fur traders and the Hawaiians (1825) or visit these Web sites:
- History of Vancouver
- Vancouver National Historic Reserve www.nps.gov/fova/index.htm

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do I smell some detecting time out of this some way or another. the best present to give is your self.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread