New Tickborne Disease Discovered in New England/New York

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the heads up. Just one more reason to be careful (and hate those little buggers)!

katdancing

Jun 16, 2012
central wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the info. I lost my dog to anaplasmosis as it was not caught in time.
Keep up the good work!

OP
OP
Bev

Bev

Mar 2, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With what we do, I would think that getting tested on a regular basis couldn't hurt, if your health coverages allows it.

bsloan

Jul 3, 2010
The heart of Aggieland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Thanks for the info. I did find an odd item a Gander Mountain this past weekend. They sell a Tick Key in the camping section. They are small enough to carry anywhere ecxept an airplane.

Bill

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With what we do, I would think that getting tested on a regular basis couldn't hurt, if your health coverages allows it.

I have had Lymes for over 6 years and five of those it went missed,or misdiagnosed.....at least out here doc's either dont know what to look for or dont....I now I have to live with it the rest of my life

OP
OP
Bev

Bev

Mar 2, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm sorry to hear that, Kuger. Is it a constant battle?

Fitzwilk

Jan 6, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had Lymes for over 6 years and five of those it went missed,or misdiagnosed.....at least out here doc's either dont know what to look for or dont....I now I have to live with it the rest of my life
I know how debilitating it can be. I could barely stand up a few weeks after getting bit by a deer tick back in October of 2011. Two months of Doxycycline knocked it out for me. I was lucky.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry to hear that, Kuger. Is it a constant battle?

I know how debilitating it can be. I could barely stand up a few weeks after getting bit by a deer tick back in October of 2011. Two months of Doxycycline knocked it out for me. I was lucky.
Bev,pretty much yea,nice finally knowing what it is!!!There are 18 different strains and very little is really known about any of them.My worst symptom now is constant pain in my knees and hips,it is borderline excrutiating at times.Also great weight loss,which I am getting back slowly,and fatigue.

If it would have been caught sooner drugs would have knocked it down,but what I deal with now,is supposedly damage?I also get this extreme burn/itch deep in the muscles of my arms at night....words cant describe it....comes about every 6 months....Doc's can figure that one out either

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread