New Metal Detector

bossmantx

Jan 12, 2013
San Antonio, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to this hobbie and I have been looking at all the various metal detectors out there. I have been looking at everything from price to warrenties. I have narrowed it down to the Fisher F4. It has a good warrenty and seems to give more bang for the buck. But after reading some of the forums I have noticed that no one is using the F4 is there something I may have missed or is it just personnel preference?

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The most important thing is to read the owners manual over and over till you understand what it says then take the detector out and learn its the sounds dig everything at first....just remember the meter does not always tell the truth.You can get a lot of help here too...ya the F4 is a good detector.
Gary

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not much of a fisher user, the white's coin master Gt is a100.00 dollars less....you will not go wrong on the white's... they took at lest a 600.00 dollar detector and cut halve the price helping out the little guy in this bad economy....take the extra 100.00 and buy a good pin-pointer

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The F4 is a good detector. For a bit more, a lot of people like the F5. It has a fantastic display screen, shows continuous ground conditions and is easy to use and deep on coins.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
my f2 is pretty durn fast.

rex

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i decided to take up metal detecting 2 years ago and went with the fisher f4. i read the customer reviews and decided the f4 was a good choice for a beginner. the price was right too. it took me awhile to learn the machine, but once i learned the machine and its tendencies i must say i was very happy with the results. i bought a 10" coil for it the second year and located some deeper targets. i am thinking of upgrading to a fisher f70 or f75 this year. hope this is helpeful.

ezzz1

Oct 5, 2011
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75,Teknetic 8000, At pro , At gold,Tesoro Sabre Compass X-80,fisher cd3z, goldbug2 , Garrett 250 ace 150 ,Fisher F-5,fisher 553,Teknetic 2000,fisher f4 Tesoro lobo,, silver Umax, ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their nothing wrong with the F4 . check out you tube their some good info their. dont let manual reading confuse you it it simple ...t
ake one step at a time

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread