Old Shotgun brass?

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I save the older ones that are undamaged...especially 10 gauge, shine 'em up and display them.

Toby1858

Mar 21, 2009
Springfield Mo.
Detector(s) used
Whites m6
I saved them then threw them away, then saved them then threw them away, I think I'm gonna keep throwing them away! Unless somebody on Tnet wants them.

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind are we talking about here? Solid brass ones or the more modern plastic hulls? If they are the older ones I would love to have them and I know others that would as well. Modern ones, if they are not cracked can be sold online on craigslist but you need at least 100 to make it worth while. I am actually selling some right now and they are around 5-10 cents a piece depending on calibur. Thanks

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love finding the vintage shotgun brass.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind are we talking about here? Solid brass ones or the more modern plastic hulls? If they are the older ones I would love to have them and I know others that would as well. Modern ones, if they are not cracked can be sold online on craigslist but you need at least 100 to make it worth while. I am actually selling some right now and they are around 5-10 cents a piece depending on calibur. Thanks

I'M no shotgun shell expert .That said I know they are not "solid brass" AS In the entire length of the shell being brass[say all 2 or 3 inches W/brass crimp]. I think they are from the era when ammo Co's sold loaded or unloaded cardboard with an all brass base" I think they could even be reloaded 1 or more times...Anyway most are all brass bases about 1/4 or 1/2 inch; also many are the high brass type maybe an inch base .Iv'e saved no plastic hull types or ones where the primer area was rusted .Alot of the bases are cracked but many are in pretty good shape. thanks 4 the reply's ;I hope to research the subject more in the future. Davers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread