Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II...is there a recommended setting

Gabev71

Dec 23, 2006
Stockton, Ca
I got a Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II last christmas and planning on going out for my first time with it tomorrow. I figured i would start at a playground at a park for starters. Any other users of this have a sensitivity setting they prefer for this model. I've spent the better part of 2 hours earlier trying to get used to it and i've yet to get a reliable reading from coins i put in the ground.

Spiney Norma

Jan 5, 2007
Elkhart Indiana
Detector(s) used
One that will some day rule ze Vorld! HAHAHA!
Rotsa ruck pal. My boutny hunter will only find trash. I did tests with lots of coins and the wifes jewelry and its just a big bust. It will find modern coins. after that the signals, are erratic! I would at least hit the notch button and get rid of the iron! ;D

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a low end detector as far as performance. You can get good operation out of it. Just rune the sensitivity as high as you can ( adjust until false signals are few start low CCW and go up CW). The rule of thumb for discrimination is run it as low as you can, just keep turning it CW until you get stable operation. Just remember that the higher you go the more targets are eliminated, starting with nickles and gold.

Good luck ,

Ed D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions